Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans, please tell this allied solider how to remain optimistic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans, please tell this allied solider how to remain optimistic!

I am now freaking pissed off!!!!

At Wolf!

His memo is off based and insults those who stood by the for the last 50 years.

Basically, he outlines who is allowed and, therefore, who isn't allowed to bid for Iraqi reconstruction. That essentially means that Russia, France, Germany, China, and Canada.

I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is this freaking idiot making this public!

So what? We cannot disagree? But did we hinder your efforts? Did we NOT relieve your US forces in Europe and Afghanistan to take part in Iraq? Did we not take over American responsibilities in NATO to allow V Corps to go into Iraq? Did not the Canadian Navy relieve the USN responsibility of escourt and protection for her strike forces? Did CF personnel (32 in all) not served in ground combat in Iraq?

And for this when we provided active military support in absence of Canadian public knowledge, we get kicked in the teeth?

Someone should tell Wolf the shut the freak up!

I always disliked Paul Wolfwitz and his minions. They are a stupid, petty, ungrateful lot.

Comment

In Canada - a country that also opposed the war - outgoing Prime Minister Jean Chretien said Mr Bush had assured him that Canadian firms would be allowed to bid for reconstruction contracts.

"He wished me good luck and thanked me for Canada's effort in Afghanistan and for the assistance to Iraq," said Mr Chretien, who retires on Friday.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3310935.stm
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
        What I do have a problem with is this freaking idiot making this public!
        Do they really have a choice? If they kept it quiet the paranoid would start freaking out about some "right wing conspiracy", plus it would look worse when the story finaly broke. Canada should not be included on any "no contract" list. I'm not sure the other countries could be fully trusted not to cause delays, and etc., to further their own agenda. <---- that statement makes me one of the paranoid! =O

Originally posted by ironman420
        Canadian firms would be allowed to bid for reconstruction contracts.
        I hope so.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

We all knew it was going to happen. Canada was a bit of a surprise but i suppose the US is making a public statement and therefore it has to go on public perceptions. I know you are well informed about Canada's role, OofE, but do you think the rest of the public in the coalition countries are?

And i think this is a telling quote :-

In Washington, Mr Bush rejected the criticism.
          "The US people understand why it makes sense for countries that risked lives to participate in the contracts in Iraq," he said.
          The US foreign policy is totally reflective of domestic issues and concerns. So, the public face has to tie up with what Fox News has been telling the US?
          at

Comment

Wolfowitz is actually an odd fish. His whole Iraqi policy is flawed.

Whatever little support the US ould have garnered is gone up in smoke. Now, who will contribute troops? Imagine Kazhakistan has been okayed for contract. They have 25 men in Iraq. Canada could send one chap and Wolfman would be happy and add Canada to the list!:cry :ermm

The logic is amazing!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

In Washington, Mr Bush rejected the criticism.
              "The US people understand why it makes sense for countries that risked lives to participate in the contracts in Iraq," he said.

[/B]
              Therefore, the Iraqi war was all about CONTRACTs?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

So let me see If I get this, AMERICAN TAX money is not be given to other countries because they did not support the war. There is nothing wrong with this or having it publicly known.

I say screw, them they shouldn't get a damn penny.

Their just angry because they lost 120 billion in Iraqi Dept. Now they want to force that dept onto a people that didn't cause it in the first place.

We shouldn't have to suck these ass holes dicks just to 500 troops and a few million dollars.
                Last edited by Praxus; 12 Dec 03,, 02:01.

Comment

Their just angry because they lost 120 billion in Iraqi Dept. Now they want to force that dept onto a people that didn't cause it in the first place.
                  Really? I was unaware of that Iraq was even allowed to borrow money from Canada

Comment

I didn't mean Canada and you know that.

Comment

I think the US position is correct. The only issue i really have is that as the platform for the war so badly put together, and there is a danger that the peace might be as well, i would rather not then have the international community hurl "profiteering" insults at each. Which i see as the next step.

But i can't see what else the US could do.
                      at

Comment

Gentlemen,

First off, it ain't American taxpayer money that this is the current discussion. Well, it is in an odd way. The Iraqis don't pay for the American occupation and their infrastrutures which the Americans are going to leave behind. It is Iraqi money that is supposed to be for these contracts.

Second, I have absolutely no problem with Canada not being on the list. We've made our bed. We lie on it. What I do have a problem with is State making public statements to that effect. If they kept saying that this is a reward to those who supported the Iraq War. Fine, no problem. But that is not the statement that is coming out. This is a punishement to those who did not support the Iraq War.

The Canadian participation was bigger than the non-partispanting nations of the Coalition of the Willing combined minus those countries who actually put ground forces on the ground.

Trooth,

Why is Japan on the list and Canada ain't? Because Japan is sending troops to Iraq? In the actual war, Canada did alot more. Hardly consistent.

Ironman,

Thus far, the statements about Bush Jr's reversal comes from the Canadian Prime Minister's Office. It has not been confirmed by the US. And I've had enough of Chretien to know not to trust him.
                        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 12 Dec 03,, 06:10.

Comment

That is a rich one.

So, Iraq war was undertaken reluctantly and Iraqi's invited the US to occupy their land. Great logic.

Friend, Iraq owes a lot of countries including India. So, dont think Iraq has been built by US alone.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

OofE - i am not decrying Canada's efforts, nor promoting other country's. My point was that Bush can punish who he likes as long as it follows US public opinion. Given the general lack of criticism of, well anything, in the US media for quite sometime after 11/9 the only way it looks unfair to Canada is if someone puts their case.

Remember one of the opening lines in the war on terror was "If you are not with us, you are against us".
                            at

Comment

Re: Americans, please tell this allied solider how to remain optimistic!

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                              I am now freaking pissed off!!!!

At Wolf!

His memo is off based and insults those who stood by the for the last 50 years.

Basically, he outlines who is allowed and, therefore, who isn't allowed to bid for Iraqi reconstruction. That essentially means that Russia, France, Germany, China, and Canada.

I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is this freaking idiot making this public!

So what? We cannot disagree? But did we hinder your efforts? Did we NOT relieve your US forces in Europe and Afghanistan to take part in Iraq? Did we not take over American responsibilities in NATO to allow V Corps to go into Iraq? Did not the Canadian Navy relieve the USN responsibility of escourt and protection for her strike forces? Did CF personnel (32 in all) not served in ground combat in Iraq?

And for this when we provided active military support in absence of Canadian public knowledge, we get kicked in the teeth?

Someone should tell Wolf the shut the freak up!
                              I put Canada and Germany in a different category then the others. They have helped in Afghanistan and are therefore should not excluded completely. As to France, China and Russia, they can go fuck themselves. There is no way I'm sending my tax money to the back stabbing French or that two-bit Chinese dictatorship.

Comment

Working...
                              X