Musharraf plays Fairy Godmother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musharraf plays Fairy Godmother!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Musharraf calls PML leaders to resolve differences
    Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: President General Pervez Musharraf has noticed the differences among members of the Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and has summoned the party’s leaders for a meeting today to ascertain the reasons for the estrangement, reported Aaj television on Wednesday.

The channel said that angry PML leaders Farooq Leghari, Hamid Nasir Chattha, Manzoor Wattoo, Senator Nisar Mamon, Abdul Majeed Malik and Kabir Wasti had expressed concern earlier.

“The leaders appealed to the PML President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain to call a meeting of the central working committee and demanded the party be reorganised,” reported the channel. They also asked Shujaat to reorganise the party’s parliamentary board and accommodate other PML factions in the government. “Some factions have threatened to separate in case their demands are not met,” the channel quoted them as saying.

Mohammad Imran adds from Islamabad: Musharraf on Wednesday launched an assessment campaign to prepare for re-election as the head of state for a second term, sources told Daily Times. The president, who visited the parliament for the first time in two years on Wednesday, met with parliamentarians in his chamber and discussed a wide range of issues with them. “Direct contact with parliamentarians will help the president better understand the overall political situation ahead of next year’s elections,” said the sources.
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...4-5-2006_pg7_2

First of all, the Headline was too large for the title of the thread and so I had to put the gist!

In most countries which follow the British style of government, which I presume is what Pakistan is said to be following, the President, like the Speaker is apolitical once elected and the Prime Minister is the actual appointment that decides the course that the country takes.

I, therefore, wonder why is Musharraf indulging in party politics.

Maybe Pakistan is not following the British system and instead has it own unique system.

I wonder how a country can have two fountainheads deciding the course of the country i.e. the President and also the Prime Minister! It can only lead to a buggers muddle or as the Americans say a clusterf.uk!

Or is the PM inconsequential to the political establishment and a mere sinecure?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Ooh waow. I just posted in another thread about the same thing
    Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
    Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Working...
    X