Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pramod Mahajan, RIP

May his soul rest in peace.

He was one of the BJP members that I actually liked... After Vajpayee and Arun Jaitley

He was rumoured to be the next BJP president. this is going to be a huge loss for the party :( Only 2 weeks ago I was watching at interview of his with Karan Thapar

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1514199.cms

To those who aren't familiar with Pramod Mahajan, he is considered one of the most important political individuals in India in the current opposition. He held important offices in the NDA government.

Comment

One of the most corrupt politician. He has 80+ Lacs BMW X5.
      Hala Madrid!!

Comment

A sharp brain and a good organiser.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I am amazed that someone aged 57 dies in India and we call it a loss for the 'youth' of the country!

57 = youth?

Mahajan was an astute politician. Another blow for the BJP.
          Last edited by Karthik; 03 May 06,, 16:24.

Comment

Karthik,

What's the problem?

Compared to Phantom, even I am a "youth".

Ok, I am at least youthful, if not a "youth"! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

You are a Brigadier of the IA. You underwent rigorous physical training and presided over deadly terrorist insurgencies, many a time with the terrain being mine infested.

Such physical and mental toughness, I'm afraid, is the privilege of a few people such as yourself. That probably explains why you feel 'young'.

Compare that with our politicians, who are but the mascots of couch-potatoes. I'm not even debating the testosterone levels of a 60 year old male politician in India ! ;)

Comment

Karthik,

Comeon, now!

I was just cracking a joke! ;)

But it is true, I don't feel the burden of age!

And you are right, it is all because of the Indian Army!

"You will never grow old
                While there's love in your heart,
                Time will silver your golden hair,
                As you rock in your old rocking chair,
                but you will never grow old"

Last edited by Ray; 03 May 06,, 16:41.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Well.. I wont be shedding a tear.
                  People die and so must politicians. Far better people have died in more unfortunate circumsatnces without creating a ripple.
                  All that I can figure is that he recieved far more attention than was justified simply because he belonged to a class of VIP people called politcians.
                  I am sure he was a good man in his personal life, but by default I would have to assume he shared the same qualities as his ilk.

The man was pretty media-savvy though.That cant be said of many of the current gen of politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                    One of the most corrupt politician. He has 80+ Lacs BMW X5.
                    Well.. he had something to do with Reliance? shareholder? Dunno. He isn't as rich as some of our politicians are and really has no corruption scandal behind him..

So dun know how u call him the most corrupt.. Becuase he certainly wasnt

I feel this has been a waste. If Pramod had lived.. he would have definately taken over the BJP as president within a few years..

I have great respect for Vajpayee.. And Vajpayee was very close to Mahajan so my respect trickles down to him too..

Comment

Crime of passion

Ok guys the reason for the killing is filtering out. The cause reportedly was a woman who was rather close to Pramod Mahajan - Pravin's wife.
                      http://www.shivamvij.com/2006/05/the...the-woman.html

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Same old fights...................Money, Land and Women.
                        Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
                        Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Originally posted by OG
                          Well.. he had something to do with Reliance? shareholder? Dunno. He isn't as rich as some of our politicians are and really has no corruption scandal behind him..
                          Wasnt it was about some 2 crore shares?(in QTY & not value)
                          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by lahori Paa jee
                            Same old fights...................Money, Land and Women.
                            My guess is that the suspicions about the woman angle are towards the truth. Brothers are known to kill each other over property only if cheated out from ancestral property. The Mahajans reportedly did not have any large ancestral property. So the property/ money motive is out - but men are known to kill for humiliation over women.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I was not referring to Mr. Mahajans case. I am talking about a fact. Cause these three things are root causes of every contention
                              Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
                              Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Working...
                              X