X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashmir Elections not free, fair: Shabir

http://www.kashar.net/kashmir/complete.asp?id=2764

Elections not free, fair: Shabir

SRINAGAR, Apr 28 (SANA): President of Democratic Freedom Party (DFP) Shabir Ahmad Shah has ridiculed the government claim that by-elections were held in a free and fair atmosphere.

During an interaction with a Swedish delegation at his residence, Shah alleged that the separatists were not allowed to run the anti-election campaign.

"We were not allowed to go into the areas to run our campaign effectively. I was placed under house arrest for four consecutive days", he said.

The DFP president asked as to why the government was not going for plebiscite if it was satisfied that people voted freely in the by-polls. He alleged that as the election process began, security forces had threatened the people of dire consequences if they did not vote. Shah stated that government of India has not taken any meaningful or result oriented step for the solution of Kashmir issue.

He viewed that even the Indo-Pak confidence building measures have not made any headway as far as Kashmir is concerned.

"The two countries are moving fast on confidence building front. But there is no effect on the ground situation in Kashmir", the DFP president said.

Instead of reducing the number of security forces, more troops are being brought here. Earlier the forces would occupy land and buildings. But now the land is being allotted to them formally so that they can set up cantonments on permanent basis, he observed.

Shah alleged that human rights violations are increasing with every passing day. Innocents are being killed and arrested day in and day out.

The DFP president said the need of the hour is to stop the human rights abuses and initiate tripartite talks for the solution of Kashmir issue.

You see Asim, our Kashmir is a free and functioning democracy. And political group that doesn't take to guns are free to voice whatever opinions they want to (unlike in Pakistan Kashmir).

This group claims that the Kashmir elections were not free because they couldn't disrupt the elections....

The fact is many observers labled the elections free and fair.. and 40% of Kashmir came out to vote braving bullets from Pakistani based terrorists

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
      For arguement sake I will agree with you.

What is it that you will do now???

Can u do something except for sponser terrorists like Marasi's.

I don't think so.

End of conversation ;)

Comment

I wonder why India has to repeat that over n over while other 1st world nations don't. :D

Little kids were voting in the elections. Some were voting a coupla times.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
          For arguement sake I will agree with you.

What is it that you will do now???

Can u do something except for sponser terrorists like Marasi's.

I don't think so.

End of conversation ;)
          I won't do anything. Chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
            I won't do anything. Chill out.
            Exactly;) ;)

As expected a Typical reply.

Comment

It is the obligation of every Indian to ensure that the political freedom of the people of Jammu & Kashmir is not compromised by the likes of Shabir Ahmed Shah.

After all, Indian Kashmiri’s enjoy greater freedom than Pakistani’s, leave alone the unfortunate souls of Pakistan Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.

As for the Pakistani votaries mimicking the likes of Shabir Ahmed Shah, first let them rectify the above situation.

There is a window of opportunity for a first step in that direction currently.

Let them permit this entirely democratic demand of the JKLF to contest elections in Pakistan Occupied Jammu & Kashmir on an independence manifesto and not take an oath that they support Kashmir’s accession to Pakistan as is mandatory.

That’s the least one can expect from Pakistanis harping on a plebiscite which they themselves sabotaged while the UN Secretary General is rather lukewarm to do anything unilateral about it :

JKLF to contest AJK polls on independence manifesto
              Last edited by Hari_Om; 29 Apr 06,, 19:22.

Comment

Asim,

You should send the thread starting article to Freedom House.

They might ;) be persuaded to improve Pakistan Occupied Jammu and Kashmirs freedom rating to the level of Pakistan.

From there to the level of Kashmir should be an easier mountain to climb ;) .

Who knows thereafter one may reach India's freedom level.

I look forward to next years freedom rating after your input .
                Last edited by Hari_Om; 29 Apr 06,, 19:28.

Comment

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                    Which city do u live in Ray?

Comment

Kolkata/ Calcutta

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                        Kolkata/ Calcutta
                        So much for a plans to get hold of u

Comment

Asim, you must understand, of course they where free, they recorded indian soldiers dressed as voters at polling stations smiling, it took bollywoods best directors to get the cinematography to the levels that Indain army demands.

Comment

Just like the LBA elections of Pakistan? ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                              Asim, you must understand, of course they where free, they recorded indian soldiers dressed as voters at polling stations smiling, it took bollywoods best directors to get the cinematography to the levels that Indain army demands.
                              At least we have good directors for fine cinematography!

Your stage-offs are f***in' pathetic.

Oops, or are they real actually!
                              Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Working...
                              X