Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry Baby Musharraf

Musharraf 'wept' when East Pak fell

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said he 'literally wept' when he heard the 'disgusting' news of surrender of Pakistani troops during the Bangladesh war with India.

Appearing on PTV's programme 'First Family,' the General described the 1965 and 1971 wars with India as 'important' events in his life. During the 1965 war, Musharraf, who was then a second lieutenant in the Army, said he was saved from a lot of perilous situations.

In 1971 war he was serving as a commando but not in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh. Musharraf said he was 'emotionally hurt' and 'literally wept' when he heard of surrender of Pakistani troops in the then East Pakistan.

Over 90,000 Pakistani troops led by Gen Niazi surrendered to Indian Army in Dhaka. The troops were later released following the Shimla Agreement between Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.

In reply to a question, he said Pakistan Army is fully with him because he has braved off difficulties and dangers with him. 'Each and every personnel is with me because I have not been I have not been a desk-type commander -- I have been living through dangers and hardships with them. They are with me not because of my rank but because they love me and that is leadership.'

First Lady Sehba Musharraf, the President's son Bilal and his daughter Ayela Raza candidly shared their experiences, thoughts and hopes for the country's future in the programme.

Musharraf said his keen desire was to be remembered in the history of the country as saviour of the nation from the brink of collapse.

'My greatest achievement is economic revival of Pakistan -- the possibility of pulling the country out of deep economic morass looked remote in 1999 it looked almost improbable in the face of an inextricable circle of debt-servicing but we managed it,' he said.

'Not only I saved the country from sinking but I would like to be remembered for taking it forward and putting it on a course to move forward as a dynamic, progressive and enlightened society -- that is what I've achieved for Pakistan,' he said in the programme, adding 'I must be remembered for protecting the country from economic bankruptcy.'

While he admired Pakistan founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, as an army officer, his favourites have always been Roman and German generals. He is not generally impressed by a singular entity, but greatly admires Turkish founding father Kamal Atatturk, whom he considers as the saviour of Turkish nation.

The fact that Kamal Atatturk battled the European allies with a mere, 275,000 Turkish soldiers, majority of whom perished, managing to have saved the nation, he said.

Commenting on his family background, he said he including his family belonged to the middle class and that he was representative of the middle class. Believing in destiny, he said it was with divine held he rose to become the President from the ranks of a 'mere brigadier' in 1990.

He said he loved his daughter and son and described humility and honesty as values of their life. 'They don't tell any body that their father is President of Pakistan,' he said.
    Aww I feel so bad for Musharraf.

Can someone please offer him a butter cookie or may be a choclate one

You guys do realize you guys are posting really positive stuff about Musharraf and Pakistan and just nitpicking on little things in your thread title.

This was a great article into the life of a man I deeply respect.

Comment

I wonder what the President's emotions were when his Kargil ambitions resulted in a shameful misadventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
        You guys do realize you guys are posting really positive stuff about Musharraf and Pakistan and just nitpicking on little things in your thread title.

This was a great article into the life of a man I deeply respect.

Well we are not jealous unlike u & plat who can only focus on negative stuff.

Anyways face it he is a sissy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
          Well we are not jealous unlike u & plat who can only focus on negative stuff.
          Look around dude, for every single negative article about India there's a tenfold about Pakistan.
          When was the last time you posted anything positive about Pakistan??

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
            Look around dude, for every single negative article about India there's a tenfold about Pakistan.
            When was the last time you posted anything positive about Pakistan??

Why should I bother about Pakistan???

Pakistan is a failed state already, u all can live in denial if u wish to.

I don't wish to waste my time discussing or debating a lost cause but having said that you & your fellow countrymen just don't get it.

Take plat for example, he comes here every night & posts negative articles from TOI here. We just humour ourselves by providing rebutalls we feel suitable.

On the other hand India occupies so much of your space that you can't get enough discussing, berating, dissing etc. I run a website India-rising & I only focus on India not Pakistan on it.

ANyways take a butter cookie & chill out ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
              Why should I bother about Pakistan???
              Thats why you're in each and evey Pakistan thread?
              Makes sense!

Pakistan is a failed state already, u all can live in denial if u wish to.
              As per Indian opinion. Man get over the partition and start living your own life.
              Big country, huge population, very very poor mentality...
              Thats realy sad!

I don't wish to waste my time discussing or debating a lost cause but having said that you & your fellow countrymen just don't get it.
              Than do it man!
              Leave Pakistan and pakistanis for what they are..

Take plat for example, he comes here every night & posts negative articles from TOI here. We just humour ourselves by providing rebutalls we feel suitable.
              Yes I noticed that recent trend, he's still way behind Sir Ray who has the highest post and thread count here so I believe.
              Unless Sir Ray is on your ignorelist, you ought to notice the negative image of Pakistan posted in most of these threads.
              You want other names...

On the other hand India occupies so much of your space that you can't get enough discussing, berating, dissing etc. I run a website India-rising & I only focus on India not Pakistan on it.
              I'm a senior member on the PFF, basically a small Pakistani forum and I don't care to discuss any negativity around India either, on the contrary, my posts about India there are critic but constructive, supportive and least provocative.
              Why, because Indians visiting the PFF are moderate, just like me. :)

ANyways take a butter cookie & chill out ;)
              Yeah, be my guest, lets share them. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                As per Indian opinion. Man get over the partition and start living your own life.
                Big country, huge population, very very poor mentality...
                Thats realy sad!
                As per Abbas Nasir, Head of BBC's South East Asia (world Service), head of bbcurdu.com who just happens to be a personal acquaintance.

Abbas Nasir was born & brought up in Pakistan, started his career with Dawn newspaper & moved to London in Early 1990s.

Let me quote him

"Pakistan is in a state of denial. While India expands @ 7-9% PA, Pakistan can't even decide whether to sponser Jihad in Kashmir or focus on its economic & other social issues"

Originally posted by Neo
                Than do it man!
                Leave Pakistan and pakistanis for what they are..
                I know its hard being a Pakistani

Originally posted by Neo
                I'm a senior member on the PFF, basically a small Pakistani forum and I don't care to discuss any negativity around India either, on the contrary, my posts about India there are critic but constructive, supportive and least provocative.
                Why, because Indians visiting the PFF are moderate, just like me.
                I just happen to own & run indiandefenceforum.com where everyone is welcome. In fact we have around 8 chinese and a few Pakistani members.

Try reading the motto there, everyone's welcome as long as you are not racist & abusive. Srirangan is also a partnet to the website.

Very hollow arguements Neo. I suggest we both retire for butter cookies

Comment

omg... u guyz started again... I wouldn't call Musharaf a sissy, reading the article, it just means he's a very patriotic man...

and now... for ur responses... Neo... u say, u don't tend to post anything negative about India, u know, it's because of u i started posted again, look at my join date and the number of posts i have... that is simply because i didn't post and rather just went around and reading all the articles here and the discussions. But all ure articles earlier bombarded India, 9/10 articles posted by u were about India, thats why i started posting again to clear up a few things... u don't mix up India in every Pakistani thread and i won't bother commenting on Pakistan...

and same with plat... u guyz post all kinds of things about India, and when we bring about the truth of Pakistan, u go berserk and blame us for turning Pakistan into the "centre of the universe"... lmao
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Neo,

There is no denial that I have posted maximum article on Pakistan.

I have explained why earlier, but you have missed that post apparently.

I do not post totally junk articles since it would waste a lot of time. I post basically so that there is a record and when you all adopt the posture of self denial, I just have to point to the post.

It is just that I wish to keep the record straight.

I like the way you have assumed the post of recommending the Queen's Honour List.

Sir Ray is it?

How terribly charming and how droll!

Could I also claim "I don't care to discuss any negativity around India either, on the contrary, my posts about India there are critic but constructive, supportive and least provocative." (Read "Pakistan" for "India")

It may also be noted that if something is wrong with India and its posted to troll or otherwise, I and many other Indians. have rushed to condemn such disgraceful event in India.

This phenomenon is not seen amongst the Pakistani posters who tend to crush the negative stuff under the carpet or live in state of self denial or obfuscate or be weasel mouthed!
                    Last edited by Ray; 24 Apr 06,, 21:35.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I really do think that Pakistan bashing has to have a limit. I do not possess any right to say it, but this needs to stop. Every nation & every person has a shortfalling. No one is perfect. Musharraf may not be the perfect leader, and Pakistan may not(I know its not, but hey so isn't India) be the perfect nation, but to post articles not for debating but for the only purpose of belittling the others is plain hideous.
                      Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

You know, Musharraf's war record in 1971 is a well-kept secret. He doesn't talk about it like he does his 1965 war experience.

If I recall correctly, Musharraf's unit, 2 Bn. SSG was deployed around March 1971 into Bangladesh, from where they were expected to run the insurgency in Mizoram and generally disrupt the Mukti Bahini and prevent Indian support to the Muktis. I need to look up a book that describes 2 Bn. SSG's *ahem* "exploits" during that time. I suspect we'll then know why Musharraf acts coy about that particular war.

Comment

Musharaf was with the SSG???

Comment

Hey Tronic! Just out of curiosity, where do you live in Patiala?
                            Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

New Officer's colony, near POLO ground, near YPS...

Comment

Working...
                              X