X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Registered Sex Offenders Killed in Maine

Update 5: 2 Registered Sex Offenders Killed in Maine
    04.17.2006, 12:18 AM

Two registered sex offenders were fatally shot in their central Maine homes early Sunday, and a Canadian man sought in connection with the slayings shot himself after Boston police cornered him on a bus, Maine authorities said.

Stephen A. Marshall, 20, shot himself in the head with a .45 caliber handgun when officers stopped the bus he was on and climbed aboard, said David Procopio, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney.

"Several second later the officers heard a gun shot," Procopio said.

They found Marshall with a massive head wound in a window seat 13 rows behind the driver. He was rushed to Boston Medical Center where he was in critical condition late Sunday night with severe brain damage, Procopio said.

No one else on the bus was injured, Procopio said, but five passengers who were splattered with blood were taken to area hospitals to be examined.

Maine State Police alerted Boston authorities that Marshall could be heading to the city, about 250 miles south, after Marshall's pickup truck was found abandoned. Police discovered bullets linked to him in the bathroom at a bus station in Bangor, Maine.

The shootings of Joseph L. Gray, 57, of Milo, and William Elliott, 24, of Corinth, led state police to take down the Maine Sex Offender Registry Web site as a precaution, state Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said. The site lists the photos, names and addresses of more than 2,200 sex offenders.

The pickup truck Marshall was driving was spotted leaving one of the victims' homes after the shooting, Maine police said.

It was not immediately clear if or how Marshall knew either Gray or Elliott, or whether the three men had any connection, McCausland said.

Marshall, who lived in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, had come to Houlton, Maine, for the first time to meet his father, McCausland said. He added that Marshall was driving his father's pickup.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap2673207.html
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Originally posted by troung
    Two registered sex offenders were fatally shot in their central Maine homes early Sunday, and a Canadian man sought in connection with the slayings shot himself after Boston police cornered him on a bus, Maine authorities said.
    Couldn't have happened to two more deserving guys.

Remind me to write a condolence and thank-you card to that Canadian gentleman's family
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

What a shame .......

Sex offenders deserve to be executed. I say that the very second the jury declares them guilty the sheriff drags them behind the courthouse and puts one in the back of their head. $0.30 and its done and over.

Comment

2 Registered Sex Offenders Killed in Maine

I knew something seemed somehow 'right' today.

Well, yay for us all. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
          What a shame .......

Sex offenders deserve to be executed. I say that the very second the jury declares them guilty the sheriff drags them behind the courthouse and puts one in the back of their head. $0.30 and its done and over.
          If you switch that to 2d offenders, i'm right there with ya, cheering along.

Comment

I helped put one in prison 2 months ago. That'll do me.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

And let that be a lesson to would-be sex offenders.

I don't condone all vigilantism, but I'll let this one slip by.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                The shootings of Joseph L. Gray, 57, of Milo, and William Elliott, 24, of Corinth, led state police to take down the Maine Sex Offender Registry Web site as a precaution, state Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said. The site lists the photos, names and addresses of more than 2,200 sex offenders.
                Yeah, endanger the entire public so this guy cant hunt pedophiles.

But wait......."Copy, Paste, Print" just BEFORE one decides to go on a killing spree makes that an exercise in futility.

LOL, dumbasss cops.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  Yeah, endanger the entire public so this guy cant hunt pedophiles.

But wait......."Copy, Paste, Print" just BEFORE one decides to go on a killing spree makes that an exercise in futility.

LOL, dumbasss cops.
                  come on now ... they are troopers all they do is write tickets, not real police work

Comment

Working...
                  X