PDA

View Full Version : Military Discipline

Wraith601
09 Apr 06,, 07:59
This is priceless.

Bring the Pain (http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=89939)

Shek
10 Apr 06,, 03:51
I'm not registered at military.com, but since we're on the subject of military discipline, I'm sure Snipe would love this one! :biggrin:

http://www.squad-leader.com/vbnhq/22_102.htm

Wraith601
10 Apr 06,, 06:00
I'm not registered at military.com, but since we're on the subject of military discipline, I'm sure Snipe would love this one! :biggrin:

It's Captain Wedley, the Air Force version of Tery Tate the "office linbacker".

Blademaster
10 Apr 06,, 06:06

Is this **** for real? I mean is there an official manuel like this field manual for wall-to-wall counseling lying around for unit leaders?

I do not like the implications that it is okay to give wall-to-wall counseling to those who outrank you. It is a breakdown of order and discipline.

Shek
10 Apr 06,, 13:00
Is this **** for real? I mean is there an official manuel like this field manual for wall-to-wall counseling lying around for unit leaders?

I do not like the implications that it is okay to give wall-to-wall counseling to those who outrank you. It is a breakdown of order and discipline.

It's a parody. FM 22-100 is called Military Leadership, discusses counseling, and discusses the real thing.

Bill
10 Apr 06,, 18:08

Yup, i love it. :)

Blademaster
10 Apr 06,, 18:28
It's a parody. FM 22-100 is called Military Leadership, discusses counseling, and discusses the real thing.

Ah i see. Does wall to wall counseling ever take place in the Army but nobody talks about it? Is it like Code Red in the movie, "A few good men"?

I liked that movie when I was a kid but later on I realized that it was just another military bashing movie about the "barbaric discipline " ( :rolleyes: ) that the military use when I grew up.

Bill
10 Apr 06,, 20:04
Ah i see. Does wall to wall counseling ever take place in the Army but nobody talks about it? Is it like Code Red in the movie, "A few good men"?

I liked that movie when I was a kid but later on I realized that it was just another military bashing movie about the "barbaric discipline " ( :rolleyes: ) that the military use when I grew up.

We called them "Blanket Parties".

Shek
10 Apr 06,, 21:53

Blade,
Wall-to-wall counseling is not authorized, and will sink a NCO or an officer's career through the assault charges that would result. While it would sometimes be nice to be able to permit it in special circumstances, in the end, as a commander, it is possible to have one by their gonads if you so wish it.

Summarized Article 15s take ten minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to execute, and then a soldier will be spending up to 14 days on 1SG's extra duty details. There's always grass to be mowed, curbs to be edged, rocks to be painted, wire to be moved, sandbags to be filled, etc. If a soldier still doesn't want to play, then you keep on upping the ante until you drop the hammer with a special court martial - up to 180 days confinement. While it takes a while to get to that point, all it takes is to demonstrate that you are serious, and then soldiers will listen and learn not to try and call your bluff.

As far as soldier initiated blanket parties, you don't see that happening in units - I'm sure it happens in basic training, but not frequently and never authorized. To hint at such a thing would result in misconduct charges for the drill sergeant.

Bill
11 Apr 06,, 06:01
We had two of them when i was in basic.(i neither participated in, nor had advance knowledge of either, btw).

My Squad leader, one PFC White from South Carolina, also beat the snot out of a smart mouthed young PVT from Colombus, Ohio. Little musclebound black dude named Gaither. Thought he was a real tough guy. White was 6'4" and lanky, and whooped his ass real good one day behind the barracks.

Can't tell ya how many fights i got into in the cattlecars(OK, it was three, lol). After the third time i always had a seat for the ride to or fro the range. Funny part is i only won one of those fights(one was a 2v1 against a couple of bruthas from 4th Plt).

Things were a lot different then.

The stories the guys that were in during the 60s and 70s told were MUCH worse, lol...

Blademaster
12 Apr 06,, 09:17
Does being an all volunteer force as versus to a conscripted army make a difference in the changing mindset about wall to wall counseling?

porsteamboy
12 Apr 06,, 12:05
It's a parody. FM 22-100 is called Military Leadership, discusses counseling, and discusses the real thing.In the 60s we called it orthopedic leadership... a foot in the ass!

Shek
12 Apr 06,, 13:41
Does being an all volunteer force as versus to a conscripted army make a difference in the changing mindset about wall to wall counseling?

AVF happened in 1973, so the transition point was much before my time. I think that it's been a slow and steady transition over a few decades, with Vietnam forcing the Army at least to think very critically on how we did everything.

Bill
12 Apr 06,, 17:30
AVF happened in 1973, so the transition point was much before my time. I think that it's been a slow and steady transition over a few decades, with Vietnam forcing the Army at least to think very critically on how we did everything.

Unfortunately, i believe we've come significantly too far in the 'reform' process.

Shek
12 Apr 06,, 18:08
Unfortunately, i believe we've come significantly too far in the 'reform' process.

While I wish that there were some exceptions so the 1SG could beat down the ones who are truly just rotten apples, I don't think that you'd find as much of a difference as you think. My office when I was the S-4 was right outside of the Recon Platoon, and the guys there certainly had their fair share of developmental "love" from the NCOs. Guys still get smoked if they do something turdish - you just have to give the option of drinking from their 2 quarts :biggrin: