PDA

View Full Version : New (Georgian) leader for close ties with Russia

Jay
25 Nov 03,, 19:19
MOSCOW NOV. 24. The Russian President, Vladimir Putin, today voiced concern that the Georgian President, Eduard Shevardnadze, had resigned under "strong pressure", even as analysts pointed to American hand in the events in the neighbouring ex-Soviet state in the Caucasus.

Saying that Mr. Shevardnadze was not a dictator, Mr. Putin said: "Therefore, we feel legitimate concern that the change of power in Georgia has taken place against the background of strong pressure of the use of force. Those who organise and encourage such actions will bear responsibility before the people of Georgia."

Russian politicians and analysts accused the U.S. of masterminding the ouster of the Georgian President. "America has reared and pestered the Opposition leaders," the head of the State Duma foreign relations committee, Dmitry Rogozin, told Russian television.

http://www.hindu.com/2003/11/25/stories/2003112501001400.htm

Ironduke
25 Nov 03,, 19:26
Saying that Mr. Shevardnadze was not a dictator
No, he was just an elected president who stayed in power through fraudulent polls.

PiggyWiggy
26 Nov 03,, 05:51
permission to curse?

F*CK! THE RUSSIANS DID IT AGAIN!

SH*TTY A** crap man! ARMENIA WAS CLOSE TO GETTING RUSSIAN MONEY!

PRESIDENT SHEVARDNAZE! COME BACK!

BE ANTI RUSSIA! GIVE ARMENIA BACK ITS RUSSIAN MONEY!

damn russian.

they are taking back georgia...like they took azerbajian(aliyevs son)

Is their new president a woman?

Lunatock
26 Nov 03,, 14:43
Poor fool...only now you get it.

PiggyWiggy
26 Nov 03,, 23:43
nah i was waiting for this.

I said to myself, how long can Mr. S be anti russian, why would USA help him? they already got turkey.

Mmmm Turkey...

CCCP
26 Dec 03,, 05:40
Damn USA owns!

Ironduke
18 Jan 04,, 03:05
Originally posted by CCCP
Damn USA owns!
Indeed. Along with a few other countries. :)