PDA

View Full Version : Time Zone clocks

Shek
29 Mar 06,, 14:45
Any chance of putting some time zone clocks up on the WAN page? It occured to me what a half wit I am when it comes to world time zones when Brigadier Ray spoke of staying up until 0500 to participate in the now infamous Aryan "Bad Boys! Bad Boys! What You Gonna Do? What You Gonna Do When They Come For You?" thread.

It would be interesting to see when others on the board are posting.

Ray
29 Mar 06,, 20:26
That's a great idea if the Time Z Clock can be set up.

More so, since I am not too hot at maths to calculate what the time is elsewhere.

Parihaka, who by my estimate should be in bed, is normally awake when everyone else is half way through the Kingdom of Nod.

I have heard the song "The city never sleeps" and the "Boots are meant for walking", but good ole Paraihaka is with his boots on and walking over everyone and he never sleeps!

Good thing is that he does not sing to ASim, "Strangers in the Night"! :eek:

RustyBattleship
30 Mar 06,, 01:01
A very good idea. But where would you post it? Under the screen name at the far left? And what about posting the time a post is posted? Use the poster's time zone or the moderator's time zone or the administrator's time zone or Zulu time?

THL
30 Mar 06,, 02:03
A very good idea. But where would you post it? Under the screen name at the far left? And what about posting the time a post is posted? Use the poster's time zone or the moderator's time zone or the administrator's time zone or Zulu time?
I think the time zone thing is a really good idea, but let's not get too carried away, shall we? I got lost on the WAB when all that happened was that the forums were moved around...can you imagine if there were this many clocks all over? :cool:

Jay
30 Mar 06,, 02:42
Any chance of putting some time zone clocks up on the WAN page? It occured to me what a half wit I am when it comes to world time zones when Brigadier Ray spoke of staying up until 0500 to participate in the now infamous Aryan "Bad Boys! Bad Boys! What You Gonna Do? What You Gonna Do When They Come For You?" thread.

It would be interesting to see when others on the board are posting.

You could always use this page!!!

http://www.csgnetwork.com/timezonedropdown.html
http://www.csgnetwork.com/timezncvt.html
http://www.timegenie.com/
Or this program....
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/WorldClock.asp

Parihaka
30 Mar 06,, 03:06
That's a great idea if the Time Z Clock can be set up.

More so, since I am not too hot at maths to calculate what the time is elsewhere.

Parihaka, who by my estimate should be in bed, is normally awake when everyone else is half way through the Kingdom of Nod.

I have heard the song "The city never sleeps" and the "Boots are meant for walking", but good ole Paraihaka is with his boots on and walking over everyone and he never sleeps!

Good thing is that he does not sing to ASim, "Strangers in the Night"! :eek:

Rust Never Sleeps Ray
or should that be Time Keeps on Slippin, Slippin, Slippin, into the Future

But in reality, only those with no babies and small children get to sleep for any length of time

Ray
30 Mar 06,, 09:37
:biggrin:

lemontree
31 Mar 06,, 05:01
It occured to me what a half wit I am when it comes to world time zones when Brigadier Ray spoke of staying up until 0500 to participate in the now infamous Aryan "Bad Boys! Bad Boys! What You Gonna Do? What You Gonna Do When They Come For You?" thread.

Please don't repeat that incident, I feel miserable :frown: . I missed out on all the action that took place - the part where the Bobbies of WAB came in a along with the MI5 and hauled Aryan's a$$ to the Tower of London. :rolleyes:

Ray
31 Mar 06,, 09:39
Lemontree,

How come you were Missing not in Action?

Neo
31 Mar 06,, 19:21
Please don't repeat that incident, I feel miserable :frown: . I missed out on all the action that took place - the part where the Bobbies of WAB came in a along with the MI5 and hauled Aryan's a$$ to the Tower of London. :rolleyes:

What did I mis? :confused:

Neo
31 Mar 06,, 20:05
What did I mis? :confused:

Just went thru the whole thread...donno what to say.. :confused:

Shek
31 Mar 06,, 21:10
Just went thru the whole thread...donno what to say.. :confused:

Neo,

Aryan called the FBI on Snipe and then I believe started tangling with the mods. He got banned while I was at class or after I went to bed - I know he was warned and still persisted, although there has been some consternation amongst members of the board for this. Anyways, neither here nor there for me - the mods are the enforcers and it is their call.

It's on a locked thread, I'm sure that Confed or 'Tock could point you to it if you wanted to read through it.

lemontree
01 Apr 06,, 05:10
Lemontree,

How come you were Missing not in Action?
Sir,
Exigencies at office.

lemontree
01 Apr 06,, 05:13
Aryan called the FBI on Snipe and then I believe started tangling with the mods. He got banned while I was at class or after I went to bed - I know he was warned and still persisted, although there has been some consternation amongst members of the board for this. Anyways, neither here nor there for me - the mods are the enforcers and it is their call.

It's on a locked thread, I'm sure that Confed or 'Tock could point you to it if you wanted to read through it.
Neo,
In the opening post of that thread Aryan sort of threatened to kill Snipe. This is deplorable behaviour.
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=11001

Parihaka
01 Apr 06,, 05:27
plus gross stupidity. If you don't like what somwone is saying, tell them so and tell them why, not report them to the FBI for something they DIDN'T say

Ray
01 Apr 06,, 05:40
Neo,

All appeared well and business was as usual.

But then, Aryan, unfortunately went overboard and claimed to have called the FBI!

That's not cricket.

There are time when I want to issue an Interpol Red Alert! I am sure you do too as so many else.

If only we could remember Rudyard Kipling's "If".

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:.........

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

You are the best adherent of this poem!

Neo
01 Apr 06,, 13:44
Neo,
In the opening post of that thread Aryan sort of threatened to kill Snipe. This is deplorable behaviour.
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=11001
Thanks LT,
I read it yesterday.

Aryan's behavior may have been deplorable I agree, he should have dealt with Snipe differently and in a more proper way.

I've also witnessed him being under attack and getting rediculed continously, often becoz of his nickname, his controversial idea's or choice of words...
The ones who actually knew him will understand what I mean.

But he's gone and I regret his departure. I will not advocate for his return, but may I request the mods/admins to be as strict to others who deliberatly cross the line and violate the WAB rules, provoke, insult, abuse or even hi-jack topics to discredit others.

Thanks!

Ray
01 Apr 06,, 17:47
Thanks LT,
I read it yesterday.

Aryan's behavior may have been deplorable I agree, he should have dealt with Snipe differently and in a more proper way.

I've also witnessed him being under attack and getting rediculed continously, often becoz of his nickname, his controversial idea's or choice of words...
The ones who actually knew him will understand what I mean.

But he's gone and I regret his departure. I will not advocate for his return, but may I request the mods/admins to be as strict to others who deliberatly cross the line and violate the WAB rules, provoke, insult, abuse or even hi-jack topics to discredit others.

Thanks!

Neo,

While I appreciate your standing up for your compatriot, but then I am afraid you are not aware of why he is "ridiculed", if you wish to call it so.

Aryan claimed he is as "white" as an Englishman and can pass off as a white. ! :eek: :redface: You had not joined the WAB then.

Aryan went out of his way to show obliquely that while he was of Pakistani origin, but then he was something totally different and that while his Pakistani roots were something he cared for, he was of a superior mettle than Pakistanis and subcontinentals.

I maybe an Indian, but I myself felt very uncomfortable and ashamed that a person of subcontinental origin has distaste for the country of his parents so much so he is proud not to be associated with the same (at least colourwise)! He went off on a huge debate with an Afghan on whether he was fairer (white) than the Afghans!

He spoke about his father having been in Germany and if I am not wrong he claimed that his father passed off as German.

Why this hang up about passing off as a white or a German or "pure" (non immigrant) British? Are the subcontinental untermenschens? Why have this inferiority complex and that too display on an open forum, where other subcontinentals and of subcontinenatal origin are proud of whatever they are?

It appeared to me that he was of the subcontinental variety who become the "bhenji turning mod" and the "kauwa chale hans ki chal" type - the type who set foot in NY for an hour and develop a bastardised American accent , which neither the Americans can understand nor the subcontinentals!

Just for you information, I have been also at the wrong end of the WAB stick!

Therefore, I wonder if the WAB is "soft" on anyone!

Sniper, I believe, was warned of being banned.

I, too, feel sorry that he has gone, but then he was in a devil may care mood!