Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Axis Had Won Ww2

JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY:
    "I BELIEVE THAT WW2 IS THE SINGLE MOST DEFINING MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. SO WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THE AXIS POWERS HAD WON WW2.HOW WOULD HAVE BEEN THE WORLD DIFFERENT AND WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FATE OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES ESPECIALLY US AND UK"
    Last edited by patriot; 26 Mar 06,, 06:59.

Originally posted by patriot
    JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY:
    "WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THE AXIS POWERS HAD WON WW2.HOW WOULD HAVE BEEN THE WORLD DIFFERENT AND WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FATE OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES ESPECIALLY US AND UK"
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (or is it stupidity?) and actually answer.

If the Axis powers had won...I'd probably apart of a major ruling class and a part of a world-spanning empire. Seeing as my grandfather and other family members were German, and didn't move to the USA before 1975.
    [Wasting Space]

Comment

if they had won WW2, they would lose in WW3

Comment

I would be speaking better German.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I wouldn't be alive because at least 3 of my grandparents and both my parents would have been worked and starved to death by the Japanese
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Both Grand fathers were in Burma, Great Grand Father was in ETO, yeah I would'nt be around.
            I suppose Parihaka and I are the cross you all have to bear for victory in WWII. :)
            Last edited by sparten; 26 Mar 06,, 13:13.
            "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

And my father won the Military Cross in Burma!

He lived to tell the tale and therefore I live to tell the tale!

Cogito ergo sum

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
                Both Grand fathers were in Burma, Great Grand Father was in ETO, yeah I would'nt be around.
                I suppose Parihaka and I are the cross you all have to bear for victory in WWII. :)
                And your great great grandfathers would have been the ones who thrashed the British near the Khyber! ;) :)

The proud Pathans who were never subduded by the British or the Russian in the Great Game!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
                  LOL
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                    I would be speaking better German.
                    I see you are from India.Iam also Indian(Malayalee)As Japan was in Charge of running over India I think we would be speaking better Japanese than German.
                    Last edited by patriot; 27 Mar 06,, 11:13.

Comment

Hitler was very difinite in his plans - around 2/3rd of Urkainians would be executed, as well as 3/4 of Belorussians and Russians before Urals. The proportion of local population to colonists would have been 2 local slaves per one German colonist. Germany would have taken south Ukraine, and Central Russia leaving other territories as rulled areas under German protectorate. In general it would mean execution of around 30mln of redundant population.......

This can be read in German documents in Lenin Libriary today..... scanned versions are available for public.

Comment

Japan was never in a position to invade India.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                          Japan was never in a position to invade India.
                          Japan was actively supporting the INA led by Netaji Subash Chandra Bose.Japan could have invaded India through them or with the help of them.

Comment

75% of the IJA and half their air force was tied down in the mess that was China. Hell, there was no way Japan could have won the Pacific War. Even if Hitler defeated Stalin, Stalin would have turned his attention on Tojo and killed the IJA in China in 3 weeks flat - which he did do.

In turn, that would allow the US to refocus 100% of their efforts in Europe.

Comment

Idle speculation has it that Hitler could nave won early in Europe, but Japan in the Pacific? I've yet to hear a plausible scenario for that. The best ourcome scenario for the European war (From Germany's perspective) was: win, consolidate (including a lot of Africa), and present America with a terribly daunting scenario, then offer a peace treaty, even with some concessions that made it palitable (leave England autonomous, etc...)

bad headache, must quit typing...
                              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X