Ahmadiyya Imam, four others charged with ‘blasphemy’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmadiyya Imam, four others charged with ‘blasphemy’

Sunday, March 19, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Ahmadiyya Imam, four others charged with ‘blasphemy’

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...9-3-2006_pg1_5
    By Ali Waqar

LAHORE: The Imam of the Ahmadiyya community, Mirza Masroor Ahmad and four workers at a monthly Ahmadi magazine for women have been charged with blasphemy for referring to quotes from the Quran and Hadith, Daily Times has learnt.

According to a copy of the FIR registered on January 5, 2006, at Tando Adam police station, the Ahmadiyya Imam, Mirza Khalil Ahmed Qamar (editor of monthly magazine Misbah), Sheikh Khurshid Ahmad (publisher), Sultan Ahmad Qadiyani (printer) and an unidentified woman author of an article in the magazine stand accused of blasphemy under Section 298C (anti-Ahmadi law) of the PPC.

The complainant is Allama Ahmad Mian Hamadi, khateeb of Jamia Mosque Tando Adam.

Hamadi says in the FIR that naming and quoting Allah, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), referring to the Quran, and referring to the Prophet (pbuh) as “our beloved master” by Ahmedis is “blasphemous” and hurts the religious sentiment of Muslims, and this was exactly what was done in the August 2005 issue of Misbah. Sources said the matter was initially referred to the district police officer of Sanghar, Ajmal Khan Magsi, who, after consulting with local clerics, ordered the registration of a case. Sources said no one had yet been arrested.

Tando Adam SHO Muhammad Younis initially denied there was such an FIR, but when informed that Daily Times possessed a copy, refused to comment on the “sensitive” matter.

DPO Magsi claimed that the matter had been resolved and there was nothing newsworthy about it, but refused to give any details.
    Once again the illiterate Mullah rules!

So, the Prophet is not the Master. It is blasphemy.

What is a Prophet? Since a Prophet (any Prophet) has direct contact with God and speaks the truth, can we call him a soothsayer?

Would that also be blasphemy?

soothsayer
    n.
    ME sothseyere, one who speaks the truth
    (Webster's New World Dictionary)
    Last edited by Ray; 19 Mar 06,, 18:34.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Hmmm ….. lets see if I get this.

Referring to the Prophet of Islam as “our beloved master”, galvanises the long arm of the law in Pakistan into action, because it constitutes blasphemy.

At the end of that, cognitive dissonance still rules supreme.

The cognitive dissonance is compounded by the fact that in a country that formally styles itself as an Islamic Republic, praising the Prophet of Islam can get you prosecuted.

I can see logic, however perverse, in prosecuting someone for praising Non Islamic Prophets in Pakistan. But for prosecuting someone for praising the Prophet of Islam in Pakistan, no logic whatsoever.

Anyone out there thinking that a route for diffusing the Cartoon Crisis is by praising the Prophet of Islam, better plan on not visiting Pakistan thereafter.

I wonder what the Pakistani’s are going to criminalise next?

Kite flying.

Oops……………. that’s already criminalised in Pakistan.

Comment

Working...
    X