This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All these changes.

I have no idea whose idea it was to subdivide the forum into about 5 gillion categories, but it really sucks.

Really.

Bad.

I appreciate that iron man has put a lot of work into doing the physical changes, but...it still sucks.

Really.

Bad.

Again, i do not wish to offend, but WABators.........WTF are you guys thinking?

My 1st thought when I opened WAB was "What the hell happened here?" Then I double checked to make sure I was at the right website. I know that this version is probably to "simplify" things, but the WAB was easier to navigate a few days ago.

One more thing: Personally I do not do so well with navigation (I actually got lost in a mall parking lot once-but it was a large mall) so I am just hoping I do not click on the wrong forum and lose my way. If anyone should notice I am logged on but not posting for a few days in a row - please send out a search party to help me back... ;)
    Last edited by THL; 15 Mar 06,, 19:55.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      I have no idea whose idea it was to subdivide the forum into about 5 gillion categories, but it really sucks.

Really.

Bad.

I appreciate that iron man has put a lot of work into doing the physical changes, but...it still sucks.

Really.

Bad.

Again, i do not wish to offend, but WABators.........WTF are you guys thinking?
      Sniper,

The decision to expand the segment the World Affairs Board was for the purpose of expanding the amount of subject matter allowed for discussion without burying content in subforums and adding superfluous length. It will just take some getting used to. Change is necessary sometimes.

Matt
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Change for change's sake is never neccesary.

All this has done is add layers of unnecesary navigation. LOTS of layers.

WAB was ALREADY one of the most subdivided forums around. Now it's totally micromanaged craziness.

I liked it before because from the title page i could see who posted on what thread last, in each forum, all at once.

That ability is now gone. It takes a click into each and every subforum to find that out.

Too much hassle.

Sorry dude, IMO you have ruined the format of this board.
        (note the use of an extremely strong word, because im serious- ruined).

However, it is yours, and you are perfectly entiteld to ruin it as you see fit.

Ciao.

Comment

I think that adding more subforums is a positive change; however, I'd agree that I'd like to see the navigation try to remain as horizontal in structure as possible.

Instead of having the Military Board have it's own separate navigation portal, putting it back at the bottom with the major forums remaining on the main page and the newly created subforums requiring navigating into the board would be better.

I'd rather have to scroll down a bit instead of navigating through multiple boards - this way you get to see more current posts as Snipe alluded to.
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

You really need to teach me some of that de-ploh-mah-cey stuff Sir.

Comment

You really need to teach me some of that de-ploh-mah-cey stuff Sir.
              Aint it? LOL !

Comment

Change for change's sake is never neccesary.

All this has done is add layers of unnecesary navigation. LOTS of layers.

WAB was ALREADY one of the most subdivided forums around. Now it's totally micromanaged craziness.

I liked it before because from the title page i could see who posted on what thread last, in each forum, all at once.

That ability is now gone. It takes a click into each and every subforum to find that out.

Too much hassle.

Sorry dude, IMO you have ruined the format of this board.
                (note the use of an extremely strong word, because im serious- ruined).

However, it is yours, and you are perfectly entiteld to ruin it as you see fit.

Ciao.
                Sniper,

Three communities under one banner. There's a multitude of reasons this move was taken. To you, it seems very sudden. It was months in the making. It's still a work in progress. As far as content goes, all the forums are more or less complete. Ease of navigation is still being worked on.

This isn't the final product. It's a rough sketch.

Matt

Comment

Where did the sections on miltary forces go?

Comment

found it. weird. i prefer it together

Comment

The more difficult it is to navigate, the lesser are the chances of too many "strong" posts or frivolous posts (not that they are not fun) being made!

Easier for the Admins and the Moderators or maybe they too will have a hard time monitoring!

The positive spin off is that serious poster can go to the forum of their choice and spend more time there to learn and interact and not wade through the clutter and tangential posts which hijack the threads!

Take the Colonel's corner as an example.

So far, some of the serious threads are taking shape in the right direction where issues that are interesting and educative are being raised and there is a good knowledgeable interaction.

I will concede that the new format does not have the same warmth as the old one had, where one felt that WAB was one huge family.

I presume when we get used to this format, we will be wondering what we were griping about!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

It's going to take some getting used to, I'll admit that.

That being said, we're going to be working on ways to keep them more integrated (ease of navigation).

Comment

I really miss our old WAB! :(

Comment

MODS can you please display the subfolders of the SouthAsian forum on the main page. It is very difficult to navigate.

Was the decision to have a separate SouthAsian forum taken due to the constant bickering in that section
                            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
                              MODS can you please display the subfolders of the SouthAsian forum on the main page. It is very difficult to navigate.

Was the decision to have a separate SouthAsian forum taken due to the constant bickering in that section
                              ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X