PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHH!!!! What happened?

gunnut
14 Mar 06,, 19:02
The colors, man, they're all wrong... :eek:

Dreadnought
14 Mar 06,, 19:36
blinding as well

Officer of Engineers
14 Mar 06,, 20:07
Bottom of screen, left hand side, you can choose skins

WAB Narrow
WAB Expanded
WAB Light

dalem
14 Mar 06,, 20:13

WAB Narrow
WAB Expanded
WAB Light

WAB Light - it's the only way to fly.

-dale

THL
14 Mar 06,, 21:28
I am the only one that has been using WAB Light? Have you all been using the dark blue one? I prefer the light one since I started using it about 2 months ago.

Lunatock
14 Mar 06,, 22:07
I've been using the light version since they made the optional colors. Main;y because it and only it lets you view new posts, and I just got used to it.

Bill
14 Mar 06,, 22:39
I am the only one that has been using WAB Light? Have you all been using the dark blue one? I prefer the light one since I started using it about 2 months ago.

Ive been wablite since day 1 of the existance of color options on this forum. ;)

THL
14 Mar 06,, 23:44
I've been using the light version since they made the optional colors. Main;y because it and only it lets you view new posts, and I just got used to it.

I love that "New Posts" option. That is what made me stay with WAB light after I first decided to try it. Now that I have been using it, I find the regular board too dark to read.

gunnut
14 Mar 06,, 23:46

WAB Narrow
WAB Expanded
WAB Light

Thanks. Didn't know I can do that. Expanded for me.

TopHatter
15 Mar 06,, 00:12
I shall remain a dark horse. I prefer it over the blinding Lite

Ahsan
15 Mar 06,, 04:17
There is also a change with the forums, personally i dont like it at all. It was good the old way.

Ray
15 Mar 06,, 07:19
There is also a change with the forums, personally i dont like it at all. It was good the old way.

It is a fallout of globalisation.

That cozyness is gone?

Jay
15 Mar 06,, 07:40
Ive been wablite since day 1 of the existance of color options on this forum. ;)

Me too, easy to read from the work place :tongue:

Dreadnought
15 Mar 06,, 14:26

WAB Narrow
WAB Expanded
WAB Light

Thankx :)

sparten
15 Mar 06,, 15:10
I perfer the old one. More dignified.

Neo
18 Mar 06,, 16:29
What happened to my posts for the last 48 hours??
They're all gone! :mad:

Officer of Engineers
18 Mar 06,, 18:17
Crashed. Recovered from backup.

Ray
18 Mar 06,, 18:33
Many of my posts too have gone!

Not recovered though.

Gone with the Winds of Change I presume! :biggrin:

THL
04 Apr 06,, 20:28
Not sure if I like the WAB Light better in red or not. I DO like the red, but it is so bright. :)

Chris
04 Apr 06,, 20:41
We are still working on tweaking it all. Once we are done then the 'light' theme will be made the default.

We are trying to cut out as many images as we can and keep the site fast loading etc with a clean layout.

I have toned the red down a bit. Any better? ;)

Bill
04 Apr 06,, 20:41
Not sure if I like the WAB Light better in red or not. I DO like the red, but it is so bright. :)

It is REALLY bright, you're right miss. I wonder why the change...

Chris
04 Apr 06,, 20:46
Think we would be better making the red 'category strips' grey?

TopHatter
04 Apr 06,, 20:59
We are still working on tweaking it all. Once we are done then the 'light' theme will be made the default.

We are trying to cut out as many images as we can and keep the site fast loading etc with a clean layout.

I have toned the red down a bit. Any better? ;)
My radioactive glow is gone :frown:

ZFBoxcar
04 Apr 06,, 21:01
I prefer the new shade of green.

Ray
04 Apr 06,, 21:01
Hey!

It's Red and White now!

Or is it happening to me alone?

Bill
04 Apr 06,, 21:04
Grey sounds like a good idea i think. :)

Chris
04 Apr 06,, 21:08
Okay.... has been toned down a bit by adding in some grey to the mix ;)

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com

How does it look now?

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:11
The dark maroon and grey is nice.

Can we add some flowers to the right margin, per chance? ;)

TopHatter
04 Apr 06,, 21:21
I prefer the new shade of green.
I don't dislike it, I just really liked the "I've been exposed to waaaay too many rads" look. :redface:

Hey!

It's Red and White now!

Or is it happening to me alone?
Sir,
Yes it is happening to you alone. You are hallucinating. Sit down in a comfortable chair and consume Cheetos.
They will make you feel more at peace with yourself and others.

Can we add some flowers to the right margin, per chance? ;)
Shouldn't they more appropriately be on the left margin? ;)

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:26
I don't dislike it, I just really liked the "I've been exposed to waaaay too many rads" look. :redface:
OH!! I get it!! The mods names in green!! I was wondering if I had missed the board going from blue/white to red/white to green and then back to red...but I understand now.

Shouldn't they more appropriately be on the left margin? ;) :rolleyes:
No room...that is where the donkeys are going. ;)

Bill
04 Apr 06,, 21:27
Anyone else think that a bit darker grey might look better, or is it just me?

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:28
Anyone else think that a bit darker grey might look better, or is it just me?
I kinda think a darker (just a little bit, now) grey with navy blue would look nice.

I do think the introductions should stay @ the top though. Seems odd to have the newbies Hellos ways down in the middle of the front page. Since that should be the starting place, seems logical to have it listed 1st.

TopHatter
04 Apr 06,, 21:30
I kinda think a darker (just a little bit, now) grey with navy blue would look nice.
What do you guys think Chris is, an interior designer named Bruce or something??

Bill
04 Apr 06,, 21:31
What do you guys think Chris is, an interior designer named Bruce or something??

Well he did ask... ;)

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:32
He asked knowing full well that there are a few ont his board that are MORE THAN WILLING to share an opinion or two. :tongue:

TopHatter
04 Apr 06,, 21:35
He asked knowing full well that there are a few ont his board that are MORE THAN WILLING to share an opinion or two. :tongue:
In that case, maybe you'll want to browse this site (http://www.interiorsbybruce.com/) so you can really do a number on the board :rolleyes:

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:36
I also think that the Introductions, Announcements, Pub, History/Warfare, Science/Tech & Multimedia should all be together under Social (at the top of the page) instead of having some in the "Other Forums" (in the center of the page) :)

But thats just my opinion

EDIT: But History/Warfare is not really social. Shouldn't that be with Military?

Wraith601
04 Apr 06,, 21:45
Mine comes up as light before I log in, then it reverts to the dark board that I've always used.

THL
04 Apr 06,, 21:45
Not to be picky - but shouldn't firearms be under "Other" forums as well? They are not always military firearms. Other than that I may just be out of comments for now. :eek: :cool:

It is a shame that the people who go to work during the day and then actually work instead of playing on here are missing all this. :frown:

Chris
04 Apr 06,, 21:50
I am happy to move the Firearms forum if everyone thinks that is the best way to go.

Ahsan
04 Apr 06,, 21:52
New look of WAB is great.. Looks pimp.. ;)

TopHatter
04 Apr 06,, 21:53
New look of WAB is great.. Looks pimp.. ;)
My glowing green looked pimp :frown:

Chris
04 Apr 06,, 21:57
Mine comes up as light before I log in, then it reverts to the dark board that I've always used.This will be becuase you have the dark theme set under your profile. You should be able to change this via the drop down style section menu at the bottom left of the page or via the "User CP" link. We left the dark theme there just in case anyway wanted to use it.

THL
04 Apr 06,, 22:04
The hunter green looks so much better. Neon colors do not become you TH. ;)

THL
04 Apr 06,, 22:18
In that case, maybe you'll want to browse this site (http://www.interiorsbybruce.com/) so you can really do a number on the board :rolleyes:
That picture on the front page of that website looks like a funeral home...Bruce is not coming anywhere near my apartment! He'd have my red walls painted over with creme in a heartbeat.

ZFBoxcar
04 Apr 06,, 23:04
This place looks a bit like a Canadian flag now...I like it :biggrin:

Asim Aquil
04 Apr 06,, 23:30
hmmmm the dark thing's got its own charm. But just coz of the new posts thing we got to use the light version.

Perhaps a link should be added?

ZFBoxcar
04 Apr 06,, 23:30
A link to what?

Parihaka
05 Apr 06,, 00:22
Whilst ones name isn't Bruce, one does have some small modicum of expertise in matching colours dahlings.
If you are determined on the execrable burgundy, might one suggest a small change of RGB values to r101, g37, b37. Using this shade you will then get a nice match to

gunmetal r44, g53, b57
cream r240, g223, b187
green r27, g70, b54

Also the neutral background white should be set to lum 95% or r242, g242, b242
Have a loverly day Dahlings

TopHatter
05 Apr 06,, 00:25
Whilst ones name isn't Bruce, one does have some small modicum of expertise in matching colours dahlings.
If you are determined on the execrable burgundy, might one suggest a small change of RGB values to r101, g37, b37. Using this shade you will then get a nice match to

gunmetal r44, g53, b57
cream r240, g223, b187
green r27, g70, b54

Also the neutral background white should be set to lum 95% or r242, g242, b242
Have a loverly day Dahlings
Ah...yeah. :redface:

Actually, looking at it in the Lite format, I can see my pimp glowing green probably wouldn't look quite as nice as it did in the Dark.

Parihaka
05 Apr 06,, 00:36
Ah...yeah. :redface:

Actually, looking at it in the Lite format, I can see my pimp glowing green probably wouldn't look quite as nice as it did in the Dark.
The gunmetal could be used for wab dark and the green would then work in either dark or light as it also matches the suggested burgundy, the cream could be used for the left border in light, currently a clashing duck-egg blue ;)

Confed999
05 Apr 06,, 02:57
We left the dark theme there just in case anyway wanted to use it.
Thank you. :)

THL
05 Apr 06,, 03:19
honestly, I dont know whats wrong with you people...WAB Light is so much easier to use and looks so much better than that old dark gloomy dreary one

indianguy4u
05 Apr 06,, 03:56
Current colour (maroon & white) looks fine to me. Just one suggestion, keep the contrast of colour down, high contrast colours are painful for eyes.

THL
05 Apr 06,, 04:25
Current colour (maroon & white) looks fine to me. Just one suggestion, keep the contrast of colour down, high contrast colours are painful for eyes.
You should have seen it about 8 hours ago when it was neon day glow red!! My retinas still hurt from that! ;)

My only concern, and really I am not all that concerned, is that studies show that the color red attracts "firery" reactions from people and tends to excite people more. Blues and greys tend to calm and soothe. It will be interesting to see if people get more "spunk" with the red. :)

Confed999
05 Apr 06,, 05:18
WAB Light is so much easier to use
You click links... Same thing over here on the dark side...

looks so much better than that old dark gloomy dreary one
It's sunny and beautiful here almost everyday, "dark gloomy dreary" is a welcome change. ;)

agent6
05 Apr 06,, 05:20
What if the background was grey, the words were black, and the red was blue? I think the white is a bit bright when I am winding down at the end of the day.

Ahsan
05 Apr 06,, 05:30

lol in this case tell iranduke or some admin to use image names for you instead. it can be done its possible, but for that i think you will need to be extra special. :biggrin:

THL
05 Apr 06,, 05:36
What if the background was grey, the words were black, and the red was blue? I think the white is a bit bright when I am winding down at the end of the day.
SEE?! SEE?! SPUNK FROM THE RED I TELL YOU!! ;)

Seriously, had you seen the fire engine red from earlier, you'd like this...but I love the color red so it is as if it is "custom" :rolleyes:

THL
05 Apr 06,, 05:37
lol in this case tell iranduke or some admin to use image names for you instead. it can be done its possible, but for that i think you will need to be extra special. :biggrin:
Hahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAhahaHAhahahahaHAHAHA

LOL

HaaaaaHaaaa

ooooohhhhh.. that was good.

dalem
05 Apr 06,, 05:55
The gunmetal could be used for wab dark and the green would then work in either dark or light as it also matches the suggested burgundy, the cream could be used for the left border in light, currently a clashing duck-egg blue ;)

I actually know what Duck-Egg Blue looks like! It's the color I've settled on for most accurately and pleasurably duplicating the various shades of grey-green-white-blue of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the original Star Trek TV show. For my models of TOS-era Federation ships I use Duck-Egg Blue. Looks like a perfect average to me.

-dale

Parihaka
05 Apr 06,, 06:21
I actually know what Duck-Egg Blue looks like! It's the color I've settled on for most accurately and pleasurably duplicating the various shades of grey-green-white-blue of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the original Star Trek TV show. For my models of TOS-era Federation ships I use Duck-Egg Blue. Looks like a perfect average to me.

-dale
Yep, you're on to it. The nice thing about it is that it harmonises with most of the spectrum right up to gold, but anything redder than that eg ochre starts to look horrible.

indianguy4u
05 Apr 06,, 07:28
My only concern, and really I am not all that concerned, is that studies show that the color red attracts "firery" reactions from people and tends to excite people more. Blues and greys tend to calm and soothe. It will be interesting to see if people get more "spunk" with the red.:)WOW!!! A gr8 excuse to throw some tantrums :biggrin:.

kNikS
05 Apr 06,, 11:26
How about WAB dark:

- dark green (red 44, green 58, blue 46), for those frames and other stuff,

- lighter green (red 92, green 111, blue 97), for the overall color, it would be more pleasant for the eye

- eggshell (red 179, green 190, blue 163), for text,

- insignia yellow (red 255, green 179, blue 0), for 'pop-ups' and moderator's name; also, text on pop ups should be black. Imagine this Tophatter, you would be stunning like those warning signs on hellos and aircrafts!

- Admins and Rochen staff would be some intermediate orange and red.

Now, the best thing - if you have lap-top and you are in forest, you would be MUCH harder to spot for the enemies, an in case that some friendly unit is approaching you could quick scroll to last Tophatter’s post and reveal yourself.

Jay
05 Apr 06,, 23:25
yeah, the red is more, uhm, u know, Red. Purple was mild.

But I love the light colors and the forum format!! Awesome work Admins and Mods!

Ahsan
06 Apr 06,, 07:12
Why not just go with normal blue? Not the default version of VB blue but the normal one. You know... :)

Who is with me? Or i am all alone? joking..

Red isn't bad though.. like i said previously looks pimp. :redface:

THL
06 Apr 06,, 13:58
yeah, the red is more, uhm, u know, Red. Purple was mild.

But I love the light colors and the forum format!! Awesome work Admins and Mods!
The only thing I have found that I am not liking about the new color scheme is that when someone replies to someone else's quote (see above) there is not as much of a difference in color now from the light light grey to the white. Before it was blatantly obvious where the quote being replied to and the new post started and ended. Even though there is that little partial box around the quote being replied to, I just think it should be a shade or two darker...But thats just my thought! :tongue: