Good .22 Pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good .22 Pistol?

Well, my brother just turned 18 a couple of days ago, and he wants to buy a .22 pistol.
    Any suggestions?
    I recommended him the Walther P22 with the target barrel, or the SIG Mosquito.
    Any other good suggestions?
    Under $400, please.

Sig Mosquito is superb. A friend at work had a Walther P22 and then he bought a Mosquito. He sold the P22.

Rugar Mk II is also a good choice. Not as refined and sexy as a Mosquito, but it's been around since the last ice age and you can find parts just about anywhere.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I got a Ruger Mk II. It's loud and heavy but a fine pistol nonetheless.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Save your money, then spend it on your favorite .45 and get a Marvel .22 conversion for it.
        The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Dont ya gotta be 21 to legally buy a .22 pistol?

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            Dont ya gotta be 21 to legally buy a .22 pistol?

Yes

Comment

Ruger Mark II if he wants a pistol. I like the bull barrel.

The single-six is a nice revolver, and can accomodate .22 Mag's also.

I've owned both, and would recommend either one without pause.
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                Well, my brother just turned 18 a couple of days ago, and he wants to buy a .22 pistol.
                Any suggestions?
                I recommended him the Walther P22 with the target barrel, or the SIG Mosquito.
                Any other good suggestions?
                Under $400, please.
                Why a .22?

Comment

Originally posted by JBodnar39
                  Why a .22?
                  cheap ammo.
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I have a S&W Model 22A, and I like it a great deal, but it does have some feed issues.

-dale

Comment

Is accuracy a major factor in his decision? Because I can think of a few that are good working pistols but they are not terribly accurate.
                      Last edited by agent6; 08 Mar 06,, 05:08.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                        I have a S&W Model 22A, and I like it a great deal, but it does have some feed issues.

-dale

I also have a S&W model 22A with a S&W red dot.What exactly do you mean by feed issues dalem?

Comment

A Herter's .22 single action revolver.

I also am partial to a Browning Buckmark.

Comment

Originally posted by agent6
                            I also have a S&W model 22A with a S&W red dot.What exactly do you mean by feed issues dalem?
                            I get occasional failure-to-feed on the last round or two of my mags. It's not steady enough to make me replace them or their springs yet, but that's where I'm headed. I used to get some stovepiping as well before I replaced the mainsprings.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by KPR
                              A Herter's .22 single action revolver.

I also am partial to a Browning Buckmark.
                              The Browning Buckmark, oh gawd! lol

The reason I laugh, is that it is a joke of a pistol, but despite this, is DEFINITIVE PROOF that in 50 foot indoor pistol competition, it is the shooter, and not the gun or ammunition, that is everything with regards to accuracy, as proven by one of my club's Master-class shooters, who consistently shot Master scores with a Buckmark and crap ammuntion, iron-sights, before moving on to a Marvel-conversion and red-dot sight. lol
                              The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X