This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. VS. Soviet Union

I always wanted to know if the USSR didn't collapse and they went into a full scale war with the U.S., which Superpower would have won?
    U.S.
    50.00%
    U.S.S.R.
    50.00%

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
    I always wanted to know if the USSR didn't collapse and they went into a full scale war with the U.S., which Superpower would have won?
    The cockroaches left scurrying around in the radioactive rubble.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

In the late 1980s? With something like over 60,000 warheads on each side, the effective answer would be 'both of them would lose'.

In conventional weaponry, NATO far outclassed the Warsaw Pact at the time. But as soon as the ICBMs and SLBMs are involved, the discussion is a bit pointless beyond technicalities such as 'just how many tens of millions would be incinerated?'
      HD Ready?

Comment

Australia, Argentena, South Africa, and Chile would've won.

Comment

If nuclear weapons weren't used (which wouldnt've happened) the US would've won.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Actually, both sides would have sat back waiting for the other guy to attack.

Comment

New Zealand would have won because we would be charging everyone a premium for food and water.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Both NZ and Australia were on the target list.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Echelon, Waihopai, Mt John and all that. It can at times be a sad wee world we live in...
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

When you compare the geographic scale of Aus to the relatively small number of weapons aimed at them, i think it's probably safe to assume that the continent as a whole would've remained habitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      Actually, both sides would have sat back waiting for the other guy to attack.
                      I disagree, I say nuclear attacks on US CVBG's/convoys on day three, and likely ports as well, if not on day one right out of the gate.
                      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

We read them wrong ... and they us.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/php

Comment

Who would win

If they didn't use warheads the USSR would win with their larger forces and firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Lencucha
                            If they didn't use warheads the USSR would win with their larger forces and firepower.
                            Not necessarily. US built a conventional force based on using technology to overcome numerical deficit.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Lencucha
                              Hey Kid, take a hint.

I was there. The 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group. And you are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X