Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loremo: The Ultra Efficient Car - 157MPG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loremo: The Ultra Efficient Car - 157MPG!

German Loremo AG will introduce their ultra Efficient Car at the Motor Show 2006 (site) in Geneva next week.

The car start-up developed a light-weight passenger car with outstanding aerodynamics. The Loremo LS is powered by a 2 cylinder Turbo Diesel engine with 20 hp and 160km/h top speed. The amazing thing is that the Loremo only needs 1.5l per 100km. This is approx. 157MPG! The Toyota Prius hybrid has only 55MPG (combined city and highway). With one tank (20l) you could drive 1,300km.

Loremo AG plans to sell the Loremo LS for less than 11,000 Euros (~$13,000).
    One reason for the low consumption is the low weight of 450kg. The company designed the Loremo focusing on safety and efficiency and got rid of unnecessary functions. The car is small but still provides space for 4.
    The design of the car is very futuristic and has for instance no conventional doors.

Loremo AG also plans to offer the Loremo GS with a bit stronger engine (50 hp, 2.7l/100km) that reaches top speeds of 220km/h (for the German Autobahn). More details on the Loremo site.

http://www.i4u.com/article5165.html
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Thank God for the Germans.

Comment

Thank God for the Germans.
      The only people who have never done anything wrong.

Comment

Watch that thing disintegrate against one of our rolling death machines tipping the scale at 3 tons and traveling at 80mph with a small woman on the cell phone at the wheel.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
          The only people who have never done anything wrong.
          DEFFINETLY haven't done anything wrong.

No sir.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
            Watch that thing disintegrate against one of our rolling death machines tipping the scale at 3 tons and traveling at 80mph with a small woman on the cell phone at the wheel.
            I just heard from the news that MB is considering to introduce SMART cars to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              I just heard from the news that MB is considering to introduce SMART cars to the US.
              On our golf courses?

Comment

Maybe for shopping inside big ass stores like COSTCO and **'S.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                  On our golf courses?
                  On our roads! Now Loremo is not bad enuff, is it ??

Comment

Take a look at this.

http://www.smart.com/-snm-0158284268...bus/highlights

There's a roadster version of the SMART car. That doesn't look half bad at all. I think it'll sell much better than the 2 seater econobox version.

Comment

Anyone seen this?

http://www.theaircar.com/

The car that runs on compressed air.

Comment

I would never EVER drive that SMART car. It's for faggs/europeans/metrosexuals/women.

Comment

Originally posted by Karna
                          I would never EVER drive that SMART car. It's for faggs/europeans/metrosexuals/women.
                          HEY!!! I am a woman and I would never drive that thing.

There is no way there is enough room for my attache', laptop bag, purse AND offspring.
                          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Yeah. Our women want giant SUVs to haul their kids and their neighbor's kids to soccer practice and the pizza party afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                              HEY!!! I am a woman and I would never drive that thing.

There is no way there is enough room for my attache', laptop bag, purse AND offspring.
                              ok..

NON-AMERICAN women...

Comment

Working...
                              X