Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on the new U.S. Army ACU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion on the new U.S. Army ACU?

I'm personally looking forward to getting my set (issued of course ).

I think they look

I like the way the pockets have been designed to be accessible while wearing body armour, but how effective is the universial camo pattern?

Comment

The functionality of the ACUs is vastly superior. I've seen pictures of the following that camo pattern that appears to be better, but having not seen it in person in the different environments, it's tough to make a call.

http://www.cryeassociates.com/18.htm#
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I think everything about them and the new 'no shine' boots sucks.

It sucks because i had to shine my boots, it sucks because shining boots adds discipline and readily id's good troops, and it sucks because all these changes make me feel OLD.

LOL... ;)

Comment

I like them....I hope they dont make me look fat...ter than I already am

Comment

Shek, I was under the impression that the particular pattern you posted was not selected. I have also seen images of a gawd-aweful stand-out gray digital pattern that I thought from (to be expected) gross stupidity HAD been accepted.

Snipe, why do you want shiny black boots to stand out in the field? Keep the black shiny things to non-combat occasions.

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a ghey BBC Napoleonic War series: "Men are dirty...Rifles are clean!"
            The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
              Shek, I was under the impression that the particular pattern you posted was not selected. I have also seen images of a gawd-aweful stand-out gray digital pattern that I thought from (to be expected) gross stupidity HAD been accepted.

Snipe, why do you want shiny black boots to stand out in the field? Keep the black shiny things to non-combat occasions.

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a ghey BBC Napoleonic War series: "Men are dirty...Rifles are clean!"
              I dont really see how light tan boots are a useful addition in a jungle or forrest, lol.

I'd be fine with 'barracks boots'/field boots, but from what i understand the no-shines are a 24-7 replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                I dont really see how light tan boots are a useful addition in a jungle or forrest, lol.
                Which has absolutely no bearing on the shine/no-shine issue. Had they been smart, they probably should have gone for a nice, soft, OD green/brown color, that would collect dust and get all sandy-colored in the desert, anyway. I hate to think about what that suede-texture does in the mud, too. Giant dirt briquettes is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
                  Which has absolutely no bearing on the shine/no-shine issue.
                  Nope. That's what the second sentence in my last post was for... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    Nope. That's what the second sentence in my last post was for... ;)
                    And I agree with the second part of the sentence, in that black shiny boots are appropriate for the "office," no-shine appropriate for the field. Therefor, I found no reason to address it. But if they're only going to issue one set, may as well make them low-vis for the field (which again, why'd they decide on light tan? lol).

Comment

Working...
                    X