US / China trade and the upcoming pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US / China trade and the upcoming pressure

Basicly I am talking about wto trade rules enforcement and other issues.
    When fully resolved they would strain China because it would be forced
    to accept things which it doesn't now and the inefficient industries it has
    would be wiped out. Autoparts, apples, and other things I guess.

The reality is IF these things ever get enforced China will
    ignore the rules hoping the US will blink and leave it as a status quo.
    But if penalties are enacted China will implode by not having an outlet
    and constant growth needed to keep the people busy and not hungry.

I know I said it badly but hopefully you get the jest of my argument.
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

cyppok,

they've been saying that since china joined the WTO (and before, too: see the writings of someone named gordon chang).

more than several things keep china going: china is reforming; or else it wouldn't have announced the mandated privatization of hundreds of SOEs- and secondly, no one- not the US, not the EU, nor china itself, follows the rules. which is why no one is really hard on anyone else to go around enforcing the rules...not when your own companies are desperate to invest in china.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

well

Maybe this time they are serious. ( I know sounds naive).
      Also from what I read most of reforms are cosmetic in nature.
      Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

most are cosmetic, but not all. that's the way things are done in china, slowly. but the CCP knows it cannot reform too slowly, or else it will be swept into the dustbin of history.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
        X