British Intelligence, WW II, East Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Intelligence, WW II, East Africa

I recently completed a novel (fiction, although some true incidents were included) dealing with an intelligence operation by the OSS in the closing months of WW II, and I'm starting a new work in which I need one of the characters, a Brit. to be involved in inelligence work in East Africa during WW II. I'm having a difficult time getting info about any clandestine operations by the English. Anyone have any suggestions, clues or other information? There were actions against the Italians, the invasion of Vichy French Madagascar and work to safeguard shipping in the Indian Ocean and Red Sea; but I can't find anything on intelligence activity related to these. I may just have to completely fabricate something, but I would prefer at least a kernal of truth. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try this book.
    Bloch, Jonathan & Fitzgerald, Pat. British Intelligence and Covert Action. An historical survey of secret British operations in the Far East, Middle and Near East, Africa and Europe from 1950 to 1980's. Written from the "left side of the aisle" this work has an introduction by Philip Agee, and is one of the most difficult works to find.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
    X