Shadowdevil 502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowdevil 502

Your custom sig says: "Why do we kill people who kill people, to show that killing people is wrong?"

Do you really need me to answer that for your dumbasss, or are you just being cutsie?

Lemme know.

I think he is the same guy who has the B-52 dropping MREs in his avatar... ;)
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung
      I think he is the same guy who has the B-52 dropping MREs in his avatar... ;)
      Yeah, i havnt seen that MRE drop picture in months.

Cool shot. :)

Comment

No he has the av of a snowman holding a snowball. Exactly what that is a metaphor of I'd rather not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
          No he has the av of a snowman holding a snowball. Exactly what that is a metaphor of I'd rather not know.
          Sometimes it's better not to ask...

Comment

Hmm, it appears both my behavior and avatar are subject to scrutiny!

No, I am not Ike even though we both joined recently and have relatively low post counts.

Haven't any of you read Calvin and Hobbes? The snowman art and philosophy is classic stuff!

My old signature is simply a problem and logic, not a serious question because there are too many different factors regarding the death penalty.

"Why do we kill people who kill people, to show that killing people is wrong?"

Thanks for the unwarranted insult on me M21, care to explain your reasoning why it was justified?
            "By and by when each nation has 20,000 battleships and 5,000,000 soldiers we shall all be safe and the wisdom of statesmanship will stand confirmed."
            -- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1902

Comment

The insult was neither unwarranted nor unjustified.

That was a patently STUPID question, and i was merely trying to determine if in fact you actually subscribed to the implied 'answer' to said question, or if in fact, you were really just confuzzzzzzzzzzzzed.

Methinx you're really just very, very confuzzzzzzed about a great many things.

So sad....

Comment

Well if it's warranted and justified, by all means enlighten me! That's why I'm here.

On another note... it's flattering to have a topic with my name on it. This is a first!
                "By and by when each nation has 20,000 battleships and 5,000,000 soldiers we shall all be safe and the wisdom of statesmanship will stand confirmed."

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdevil502
                  Well if it's warranted and justified, by all means enlighten me! That's why I'm here.

On another note... it's flattering to have a topic with my name on it. This is a first!
                  I'm kinda over the top with new posters sometimes(they let me get away with murder here, muwahahaha). Sorry dude, i was probably a little harder on ya than ya deserved.

It was a REALLY stupid question though....

To answer that question:

The death penalty has nothing(or at best very little) to do with communicating a message of deterrance to would-be killers. To the contrary, it is about ensuring that killers never again have the opportunity to kill after a murder conviction.

In that regard, the death penalty has been proven to be an extremely effective device.

Comment

Doesn't life in prison also mean that the killer doesn't get a chance at killing someone again? (Jailbreak aside)

*Edited to add reasoning behind life in prison as opposed to death*

State studies show that it is far more expensive to execute someone than to give them life in prison. Why? Because of the legal system, to make sure that innocent people aren't executed, capital cases are given a lengthy appeals process.

Even under this system there have been problems...

The Stanford Law Review has published a famous study documenting 350 cases this century where a person sentenced to death was later proven clearly innocent. Seventy-five of those cases occurred recently, between 1970 and 1985. Although not all of them were executed, most spent decades in prison agonizing over their unjust fate. Without question, shortening the appeals process would increase the already high percentage of innocent people executed.

In short... from a financial POV it makes more sense to keep them in prison forever as opposed to on death row.
                    Last edited by shadowdevil502; 16 Feb 06,, 01:16.

Comment

Doesn't life in prison also mean that the killer doesn't get a chance at killing someone again? (Jailbreak aside)
                      They kill each other in there, when they aren't busy planning the demise of their guards.

Some of these people are very nasty and I wouldn't want to put our stressed out guards under more pressure of watching dangerous men.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Older men declare war. But it is the youth who must fight and die.
                        These old timers missed the memo (come up with better quotes)...
                        Attached Files
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

In the real world we can put neither jailbreaks, nor the possibility of a change in the laws of the land aside.

They are both very real contingencies.

Death is irreversible. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                            These old timers missed the memo (come up with better quotes)...
                            Soldier 1: If i look over and you're still pointing that camera at me, i'm going to kill you.(i like this guy, he looks majorly squared away)

Soldier 2: What are you looking at? I'm going to kill you and sell that camera to the village chieftan so i can retire.

Soldier 3: WTF, where is my camel? Did you take it? I'm going to kill you.

Soldier 4: If i had saved better i would be on my yacht or plantation instead of here with you taking my picture. I'm going to kill you.

Comment

LOL the pics in response to my new sig were awesome, and I'll have to get another one!

BTW though that quote obviously wasn't by me, it was by Herbert Hoover.

So... anyone care to tear this next one to shreds?

Comment

Working...
                              X