My 2004 Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2004 Map

I predict this in the next election. This is if the dems get a moderate canadiate, if they get Dean. i will make huge revisions. he'll surly pull a mondale.
    Attached Files

Can you post the link to the interactive map?
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Here's mine

I can't believe you gave Minnesota to Bush in '04. The Democratic candidate will definitely win it.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm basing my results on the newest Pew Center data that shows GOP gains in Minn.

And i think you're smoking on FL, Bush has made gains among seniors, jews and hispanics in FL.

Comment

I think the Democratic base in Florida will be much more energized after the debacle there in 2000 though.

With the prolonged decline of manufacturing and mining in the US, I think West Virginia might go Democrat as well.

Pennsylvania is also another heavily industrialized state that has seen alot of job loss, it might go to the Dems as well.

Comment

I beg to differ, with the new medicare expansion, support of Israel and hard line aganist cuba energizing the traditionally conservative Cuban-American base..
            I don't give them a chance.

On West Virginia, they're very conservative pro-military people, and with the steel tariffs as back-up. I think Bush can win it.

Same can be said about penn and steel tariffs.

Also, with the resurance of the economy finnally occuring, with the economy adding 300,000 jobs in the 3rd quarter. The picture for Bush looks brighter.

Comment

Most of what would be considered the Democratic base didn't vote in the last election, I think the Ds will be making a major push to get out the vote in 2004.

As far as West Virginia is concerned, the steel tarriff is on it's way out, the Europeans are going to assign a number of punitive tarriffs against US goods if it doesn't.

Industrial jobs are going and they're not coming back. The most heavily industrial states have been hit the hardest.

Comment

As far as West Virginia is concerned, the steel tarriff is on it's way out, the Europeans are going to assign a number of punitive tarriffs against US goods if it doesn't.
                Exports to Europe account for less then 60% of our total exports. This is around 370 billion dollars which is smaller then our defense Budget. Even though I am against the steel terrifs, Europe placing terrifs won't do much if anything to our economy.
                Last edited by Praxus; 17 Nov 03,, 00:02.

Comment

American idustrial production is on the rise with it rising to 2000 levels, with it rising in every one of the fed's 12 districts.

It's only a matter of time before the jobs start to return. Not all of them, but at least some.

Comment

Job Growth from end of 200...

Household Survey includes small buisnesses where the Establishment Survey is only big buisness and government.

This whole exporting jobs to china thing is BULLSHIT. There is infinite work to be doen therefor there is infinite ammount of possible jobs.
                    Last edited by Praxus; 17 Nov 03,, 00:13.

Comment

Industrial production is up - OK, does this have to do more with more people being hired in industry or more robots?

300,000 jobs created last month, how many in manufacturing. None. We still lost jobs in manufacturing. The most heavily industrial states will be the big losers as far as jobs go.

Comment

Actually, the job index of the fed's survey is up to 2000 levels as well. The bleeding is slowing and the jobs will return.

Comment

So there are as many jobs in industry now as there were in 2000?

Comment

No, there's a hiring index, below 50 signals decline in manufacturing employment, above 50 signals expansion. It's surged to above 60 from the 40s.

Comment

Industrial production is up - OK, does this have to do more with more people being hired in industry or more robots?

300,000 jobs created last month, how many in manufacturing. None. We still lost jobs in manufacturing. The most heavily industrial states will be the big losers as far as jobs go.

Jobs are just moving from big buisness to small buisness. It is that simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X