PDA

View Full Version : Why can't they just hang him from his statue?

KPR
14 Feb 06,, 16:25
Saddam and his evil friends don't seem to interested in a trial, after all (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1709585,00.html).

I dunno. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how he and his sick associates won't respect the court. They know that they're probably gonna be killed anyway though, so I guess they have nothing to lose.

THL
14 Feb 06,, 16:35
I was reading about his hunger strike this morning. I am not quite sure what they think is going to happen. That the world is going to freak out because Saddam is not eating? Not really a serious concern.

Dreadnought
14 Feb 06,, 17:00
The good part is that they installed a judge that doesnt take his or anybody elses chit.

I suspect you can start counting the days until he and his friends become windchimes blowing in the Iraqi dessert winds! :biggrin:

THL
14 Feb 06,, 18:35
The good part is that they installed a judge that doesnt take his or anybody elses chit.

I suspect you can start counting the days until he and his friends become windchimes blowing in the Iraqi dessert winds! :biggrin:
I collect windchimes! I always have room for some more. :)

Dreadnought
14 Feb 06,, 18:49
or...even perhaps piniota's. :biggrin:

THL
14 Feb 06,, 19:08
or...even perhaps piniota's. :biggrin:
Even more fun.

Bill
14 Feb 06,, 19:13
I collect windchimes! I always have room for some more. :)

You don't want these kinds of windchimes miss.

They get very stinky and unsightly within a matter of a few days.

Parihaka
14 Feb 06,, 20:53
You don't want these kinds of windchimes miss.

Yeah but in a properly constructed steel cage they rattle quite well after a couple of months.

Confed999
14 Feb 06,, 20:56
No worries, I'd be using them for a toilet anyway...

HistoricalDavid
22 Feb 06,, 18:57
Windchimes? More like sniper practice. Preferably with M82s... although after a few shots not much would be left of them.

BenRoethig
22 Feb 06,, 19:51
I was reading about his hunger strike this morning. I am not quite sure what they think is going to happen. That the world is going to freak out because Saddam is not eating? Not really a serious concern.

This is the same world that ignores genocides so they can bust our chops. iIwouldn't be surprised if they freaked out.

gunnut
22 Feb 06,, 20:05
Question: what would have happened if them Nazis at the Nuremberg trial screamed at the judge and staged hunger strikes and the likes? :biggrin:

Dreadnought
22 Feb 06,, 20:13
Question: what would have happened if them Nazis at the Nuremberg trial screamed at the judge and staged hunger strikes and the likes? :biggrin:

IMO,
They would have been shot by firing squad is my guess.(The more serious crimes)
Hanging would have been after they were found guilty. (If not imprisoned)
Gerring took the cowards way with cynide. (He definately would have swung from a rope no doubt). Churchill already had plans in place for this if any that escaped were caught.

I like the present judge in Saddams trial. Either way wether hes there or not the trial goes on and hes not afraid to either put him and his cronies in their place or remove them all together. :) Myself I dont see how they cant pass a death sentence upon him for what he has done to many. I cant see keeping him alive and the myth of him ever having power again. But who knows some bleeding heart will call for a stay of execution I suppose. ;)

Amled
22 Feb 06,, 20:36
Better yet, let him continue his hunger strike...from all accounts starvation is a pretty nasty way to peg out.
Hanging him will be too quick.
No...hunger strike in parihakas' steel cage sounds just right!

Lunatock
23 Feb 06,, 00:44
Better yet, let him continue his hunger strike...from all accounts starvation is a pretty nasty way to peg out.
Hanging him will be too quick.
No...hunger strike in parihakas' steel cage sounds just right!

You can't go wrong with Saddam hanging around in a gibbit, and vultures making a meal outta him.

Amled
23 Feb 06,, 00:55
You can't go wrong with Saddam hanging around in a gibbit, and vultures making a meal outta him.
What'd you have against the poor vultures , since you want to poison them with Saddam's rotten carcase? ;)