Silly historical facial hair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly historical facial hair.

A thread without aspiration. Simply (and I cannot emphasise that enough) for posting drawings - not you own, God help - of famous or notorious mil/hist figures with absurd facial topiary.

If no-one bothers then y'bespoke offerings will do as a pisspoor alternative.

On that note: Please stay away from anything OTT involving, oh, y'know hallowed religious figures. With the exception of ugula-bugula bongo-bongo thingies.

I imagine the mods will support me on the first half of that paragraph. Harshly. :)

If they edit the second half then they are frankly no fun.
    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Jolly good, I'll kick off. General Sir Hope Grant

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

i can't believe no one's posted gen. burnside yet, progenitor of the term sideburns.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I always thought Adolf Hitler's little mustach made him look like a goof.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I guess it fit his personality.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by astralis
            i can't believe no one's posted gen. burnside yet, progenitor of the term sideburns.

US Civil War generals have notoriously bad taste in facial hair.

Comment

Huzzah!

Thank you gents!
              Now it's worth digging out some old books and scanning them ... :)

Comment

I'll just throw in another one here

General Adam Philippe, Comte de Custine
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

How can we forget....good old OBL

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

osama

Originally posted by lemontree
                    How can we forget....good old OBL

He appears to be nominating himself.

Comment

Who could ever forget these sideburns Surely no american woman...lol
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Dreadnought; 24 Feb 06,, 16:07.
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Maybe OBL was going for this:
                        Attached Files
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
                          Who could ever forget these sideburns Surely no american woman...lol
                          HEY!!! Leave him alone! :)

With or without sideburns, the young Elvis was something to look at.
                          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Sorry THL didnt mean to imply silly..just unmistakeable.
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
                              Sorry THL didnt mean to imply silly..just unmistakeable.
                              ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X