PDA

View Full Version : conservatism vs. liberalism

mich
07 Feb 06,, 06:04
if one turns on the radio or television these days, one is constantly innundated with the opinions of the likes of rush limbaugh,sean hannity,bill o'rielly,fox news network and other conservatine personalities. the conservatives sometimes sound paranoid and scared when it comes to dealing with the rest of the world.liberals seem to be more open minded and not so scared when facing the rest of the world. but what is scary about liberals is that they don't seem to know where to draw the line between what is right or wrong(this my problem with liberalism. being a us citizen of indian origin(India), why should i vote in the 2008 elections?. if i vote for a liberal democrat, they will critcize india for outsourcing US jobs and they will constantly badger India about signing the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. If I vote conservative republican, expect four more years of massive US military and economic assistance for 'our friend' pakistan.

ZFBoxcar
07 Feb 06,, 06:18
How about try voting for something that has to do with the country whose election you are voting in, rather than what is best for India. I am not saying anything bad about India (I like India), but don't you owe it to the US to vote for who you think will do the best job governing the US, rather than who will be the best for India?

THL
07 Feb 06,, 18:53
if one turns on the radio or television these days, one is constantly innundated with the opinions of the likes of rush limbaugh
I am not saying this because I am a Non-Liberal Democrat (hhhmmm...I think I just found my newest title :) ) but Rush L is a moron. That man irritates me more than anything. I have never in my life heard more nonsense come out of one mans mouth (okay, well he is running a close race with Jesse Jackson in that regard).

Well now that I got that off my chest... :)

mich
08 Feb 06,, 19:43
How about try voting for something that has to do with the country whose election you are voting in, rather than what is best for India. I am not saying anything bad about India (I like India), but don't you owe it to the US to vote for who you think will do the best job governing the US, rather than who will be the best for India?

I do try to find out if democrats or republicans have US' best interest at heart. I try to find out where they stand on issues that affect me like health care and job security. but i also have an obligation as an NRI(non-resident indian) and a naturalized US citizen to decide which party(democrats or republicans or any third party) is going to benefit India the most. in my opinion, those indians who have had the chance to emmigrate and go live in countries outside India have some enormous obligations and responsibilities towards India.

ZFBoxcar
09 Feb 06,, 02:57
Hmm...I guess you do have a point.