Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US intervention in the Kashmir issue

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/

US intervention in Kashmir dispute "inevitable": Pakistan minister(Updated at 1930 PST)

NEW DELHI: Pakistani Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Wednesday said the United States would have to get involved if the five-decade Kashmir dispute with India is ever to be solved.

India considers Kashmir a purely bilateral issue and is vehemently opposed to any third-party mediation in the dispute.

"Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has asked the US president to help restore dialogue with India," said Rashid, who is in India for a South Asian information ministers' meeting.

"Ultimately superpowers will step in, they will get involved in solving the problem, they will facilitate talks... US intervention is inevitable. The practical is completely different from the theoretical," he told a press conference.

Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Originally posted by michigan
    "Ultimately superpowers will step in, they will get involved in solving the problem, they will facilitate talks...
    Case you missed it there is only one superpower. The other one went up in smoke when their people were tired of being oppressed.

US intervention is inevitable.
    It's hard to imagine such a scenario especially one that would be good for Pakistan.

Comment

Re: Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Originally posted by Leader
      Case you missed it there is only one superpower. The other one went up in smoke when their people were tired of being oppressed.

:LOL :LOL :LOL

you're full of good ones today!

Comment

"Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has asked the US president to help restore dialogue with India," said Rashid, who is in India for a South Asian information ministers' meeting.
        yep i still remember Nawaz Shriff, then PM of Pakistan begging Clinton to urge and restrain India. :D

India considers Kashmir a purely bilateral issue and is vehemently opposed to any third-party mediation in the dispute.
        after surrending 90,000 service men and people, Pakistan agreed to solve tha matter bi-laterally. What happened suddenly now ? :D

"Ultimately superpowers will step in, they will get involved in solving the problem, they will facilitate talks... US intervention is inevitable. The practical is completely different from the theoretical," he told a press conference.
        Actually i'm just waiting for that day :w00t
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

It is always a daydream that Pakistan indulges in. Good for them. If one can't dream, then all will be lost. Hope springs eternal in the human breast wrote Wordsworth.:D

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Re: Re: Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Originally posted by s_qwert63
            :LOL :LOL :LOL

you're full of good ones today!
            Only the truth. I take it that you take issue with the second part. Or are you about to argue that Russia is still a superpower? :LOL

Comment

Why cant America let others solve their own problems? it sure isnt theirs.
              FORZA JUVENTUS TORINO 1897

Comment

davor, in case you didnt read the article this says nothing about what the US WANTS to do, its what this Pakistani dude thinks the US should do.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Only the truth. I take it that you take issue with the second part. Or are you about to argue that Russia is still a superpower? :LOL
                  Its the whole American propoganda thing...
                  "They fell apart because they were tired of being opressed!"
                  You don't know anything about the USSR in the 80's. Period.

Comment

It collapsed because it was a flawed system, plane and simple. If Communism creates so much wealth and properity then how come the Soviet Union collapsed and China is moving towards a more Capitalistic system?

Communism essentially makes you a slave to the state. If that is not opression then I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by davor_suker
                      Why cant America let others solve their own problems? it sure isnt theirs.
                      The only problem with letting India and Pakistan solve their own problems is that their solution might be to nuke the hell out of each other.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Originally posted by s_qwert63
                        Its the whole American propoganda thing...
                        "They fell apart because they were tired of being opressed!"
                        You don't know anything about the USSR in the 80's. Period.
                        Our media is propaganda? This coming from someone that defends the soviet dictatorship. :LOL

Comment

Not propaganda. Mere hallucinations.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: US intervention in the Kashmir issue

Our media is propaganda? This coming from someone that defends the soviet dictatorship. :LOL
                            see...

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                              It collapsed because it was a flawed system, plane and simple. If Communism creates so much wealth and properity then how come the Soviet Union collapsed and China is moving towards a more Capitalistic system?

Communism essentially makes you a slave to the state. If that is not opression then I don't know what is.
                              Oh, communism does work. You need a strong and a resolved government for it in order to work, the people must be motivated and there should be no nationalistic movements and outside powers trying to bring it down.
                              If we would have spent all out GDP on the wellfare of the people, then we would have been far better off.
                              hav you been to the former USSR?
                              Do you know what it is like now, under your sick capitalist ideology?
                              Most people crave and envy the USSR.

Comment

Working...
                              X