PDA

View Full Version : I own a AK-74U!

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 06:18
www.airsoftextreme.com

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/akkrinkov.jpg

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/aemax/akkrinkov.html

How's that for a real sport? Get a team of airsofters together and gun it out. Super realistic, and super fun. What does everyone else think of this?

Ok, the point of this thread.

Most of the time we will never get to own a fully automatic weapon such as an M-16 or AK-47. Then I found this site, that sells extremely realistic airsoft guns and I thought, "gee, a new hobby for me"

That AK-74U shoots 700 rds a minute, and is good for a couple hundred feet. But then again, most paintball/airsoft ranges are small enough that 200-400 ft is a pretty good distance of fire.

EricTheRed
31 Jan 06,, 06:21
lol nice.

I am more of a paintball guy myself

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 06:25
Yeah, but they don't make paintball guns that realistic. These guns even use magazines. Plus airsoft bb's go further.

EricTheRed
31 Jan 06,, 06:26
yea finding realistic paintball guns are hard. But there are some that even use clips and look just like m16s

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 06:28
I've seen those. They cost way more than those airsoft guns. Plus theres much more variety with aisoft guns :)

leib10
31 Jan 06,, 06:30
I kinda grew out of airsoft because the guns break in a few months of regular use, and they're not cheap. I'd much rather spend my money on real guns that will last a while. But they're fun because the ammo is cheap and you can reuse the pellets.

EricTheRed
31 Jan 06,, 06:31
ok I am gonna have to pull out the big guns. It hurts when u get hit by a paintball. That way you dont have to rely on the honor system lol.

I play scenarios, I find them very entertaining. I have not been to one big enough to have a tank yet

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 06:32
These guns are high end. some of them have metal stock available. they will last at least 30,000 shots before u need to replace a spring or gear. for about 320 bucks

Ishapore41
31 Jan 06,, 16:12
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over priced. $675 for a dragunov? You can get one in real life for that much.

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 17:19
It's not a real "dragunov", your probably looking at their AEMAX line of airsoft guns. So no, it's not overpriced.

Ishapore41
31 Jan 06,, 18:42
It's not a real "dragunov", your probably looking at their AEMAX line of airsoft guns. So no, it's not overpriced.

Yes it is overpriced. I could think of several things I would buy with $675, all of them REAL firearms.

leib10
31 Jan 06,, 19:03

I'm sorry, but I'd never spend over $50 dollars on a BB gun.

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 21:47
Thats why your airsoft guns prolly kept breaking. lol. u get what u pay for afterall.

Technically they aren't BB guns since they fire 6mm bb's and the kiddie bb's guns fire some sort of pellets or smaller type bb's.

Airsoft is a serious hobby, so obviously there are those who pay that much and more for the best equipment.

Defcon 6
31 Jan 06,, 21:52
Yes it is overpriced. I could think of several things I would buy with $675, all of them REAL firearms.

Uh no. It's merely a matter of interests. If someone is really into the hobby then they won't mind paying that much. The again, that gun u keep pointing to is a custom model that highly tuned. Paintball guns can run as high as 800-1,000 dollars for a fully automatic.

That gun I showed is capable of firing 700-800 6mm BB's a minute. So it isn't a toy, and if you load it up with 0.88g BB's you could use it for self defense I imagine. Nevertheless, it's a serious hobby for serious airsofters.

I would like to see you find a fully automatic weapon that you could legally own that fires 700 rpm for 600 bucks. Oh, and that was also capable of shooting other people without causing serious harm! lol. (In which case u don't want a REAL firearm) :eek:

So no, it's not overpriced.

leib10
31 Jan 06,, 22:03
Perhaps not to you, since you obviously take airsoft kinda seriously. But for most people, $300 airsoft guns are a waste of money.

Rother
31 Jan 06,, 22:36
One thing that really pisses me off about the whole airsoft deal is now there's a huge quantity of substandard airsoft parts and accessories being passed off as the real thing. Another thing is some airsoft owners think they can point them at me because they're not real. The chop saw I'm going to use on it in that case is very real.

leib10
01 Feb 06,, 00:12
They're a rather curious group, hardcore airsofters. They talk about their guns as if they're real, and I'll hear them talking about them and I'll say, "Wow, you have an MP5?" And then they'll say, "Yeah, it holds two hundred rounds and has a such and such motor in it!" And then I'll say, "Oh." and I'll walk away disappointed. I used to airsoft a lot, but I don't have the time anymore.

Defcon 6
01 Feb 06,, 00:41
motor's important. determines the rate of fire :)

Ishapore41
01 Feb 06,, 01:24
Uh no. It's merely a matter of interests. If someone is really into the hobby then they won't mind paying that much. The again, that gun u keep pointing to is a custom model that highly tuned. Paintball guns can run as high as 800-1,000 dollars for a fully automatic.

That gun I showed is capable of firing 700-800 6mm BB's a minute. So it isn't a toy, and if you load it up with 0.88g BB's you could use it for self defense I imagine. Nevertheless, it's a serious hobby for serious airsofters.

I would like to see you find a fully automatic weapon that you could legally own that fires 700 rpm for 600 bucks. Oh, and that was also capable of shooting other people without causing serious harm! lol. (In which case u don't want a REAL firearm) :eek:

So no, it's not overpriced.

There are several deals on ebay where you get 2 automatic(electric) rifles and 2 automatic (electric pisols) for under 50 bucks. Thats 4 (four) autos for under $50

Defcon 6
01 Feb 06,, 02:09
And they are crap too. LOL. Your not an airsofter, you probably don't know what your talking about. Yet evidently you have nothing better to do. Theres a lot of cheap crap on ebay.

Yet how does getting four crap airsoft guns for 50 bucks prove anything? I said "a fully automatic firearm that you can legally own." Not, "a fully automatic airsoft gun" for that much.

Furthermore crap airsoft guns are irrelevant. It's like saying a corvette isn't worth it's retail price of $43,000+ because you can get a pinto for $500! :rolleyes:

You have a bunch of things to consider with the price-
1.) How good does it look? Is it realistic looking?
2.) Is it good quality, or will it break after you "play with it" since a 50 dollar airsoft gun is a toy and not a high enough quality weapon that you could use to compete with.
3.) Rounds per minute, how many does it fire?
4.) Range, how far where it fire?
5.) Accuracy, will you hit what you shoot at?

So all in all, thats where the 320 bucks for ONE OF THE BEST airsoft guns on that site comes from. It is an AEMAX afterall.

brian00
01 Feb 06,, 02:25
Does your one fire lead pellets, whats the accuracy? and ROF?

Defcon 6
01 Feb 06,, 02:35
pellets refer to plastic ammo. BB's to hardened plastic or other substances.

6mm ammo I have used-
0.88g Carbon steel BB's
0.43g alluminum BB's
0.36g alluminum BB's
0.25 heavy duty plastic BB's
0.12g cheapo fire plastic BB's

I would say accuracy using these ammo's (in the order they were listed)-
120-145 ft. 400 max
105 ft 320 max
95 ft 290 max
75 ft 200-250 max
65-70 ft 150ish max

ROF-
710ish
740ish
760ish
780ish
800+

depends on whether the gun uses a fast or slow motor.
EG 700 slightly slower, better accuracy good for precision (assualt rifles, sniper rifles)
EG1000 fast, lower accuracy, good for submachine gun type

Course these are rough estimates I've made depending on use, and how long a standard mag lasts me.

Ishapore41
01 Feb 06,, 03:09
And they are crap too. LOL. Your not an airsofter, you probably don't know what your talking about. Yet evidently you have nothing better to do. .

Nothing better to do? I'm not the one buying airsoft guns that cost several hundred dollars.

Defcon 6
01 Feb 06,, 03:14
Nothing better to do? I'm not the one buying airsoft guns that cost several hundred dollars.

whatever. like I said, it's a serious hobby :rolleyes:

Like someone who doesn't watch much TV wouldn't go out and buy a plasma screen tv unless they had money to burn.

Josip
09 Feb 06,, 15:57
did they shipp to germany aswell?
anyone knows where i can buy the AK 47s? (softair)

RUSKIE
25 Feb 06,, 21:22
I went with a friend to an airsoft... um scenario i guess, on a stay in america, my friend let me use his 350 dollar FAMAS... and i must say apart form the badass action of the gun i had no fun... doging little 6mm bb's flying at you that when they hit they jus bounce and produce no pain... BUT paint ball to i must admit the guns are unlrealisting is just so much more hardcore! Doging .68 cal balls flying at you at 300 feet per second that sting like hell leave welts and make a satisfiying splllatt on you that you just cant miss, hundreds of players in fire fights, the most realistic sounding co2 and no2 blast makes the audio orgasmic(yes i no they are NOWHERE near as loud as real guns but it still quenches my thirst for the sound of battle), guns firing up to 30 balls per secound, the pain and screams of men being struck, calls for support on the radio being pined down paint everywhere, ahahaahahahaahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, its just so awesome... and worth the price... airsoft is just so ... as americans say... gay? anyway im back in america, and ill be here till november, so ive registered for the Oklahoma D-day event for 2006 in June, 4,000 players are to be there this year... whew cant wait

anouther thing im not sure about, is the airsoft figures (serious players), but the number of registered Paintballers(speedball and airball alone) is up to 10,000,000. now i wonder how many woodsballers and scenarioballers... out numbers airsoft players unbeliveably... hahaha...

oh and by the way for other paintballers out there i have a, Tippmann 98 custom pro E(electronic) with a 47 ci 3000 psi tank \, halo b hopper, m98 m-4 stock and the tank is reversed. As soon as i get a picture ill post it, but the gun and its stuff togetther was a good total of 500$ hehe.. 15 bps max I know its slow by many standards but its good ebough for me...

Ricola-Ranger
27 Feb 06,, 10:45
did they shipp to germany aswell?
anyone knows where i can buy the AK 47s? (softair)
Forget importing one via mail or a parcel service, because many of the Airsofts sold outside of Germany fall under the Kriegswaffengesetz (War-Weapon law, kinda similar to Class 3, i think...) which prohibits automatic firearms, even if the muzzle energy is less than 0.5 joules and the ammunition little plastic balls. you should either buy one that is legal in germany (semi only n'stuff) or use cross-border contacts but i don't know if that were a good idea.

sniperdude411
07 Mar 06,, 02:35
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over priced. $675 for a dragunov? You can get one in real life for that much.

Yes, but with the airsoft Dragunov, you can actually shoot people without killing them. That's what makes it worth the money.

Ishapore41
08 Mar 06,, 04:46
Yes, but with the airsoft Dragunov, you can actually shoot people without killing them. That's what makes it worth the money.

But you can't kill deer or any other animal. Also you can't defend yourself with it. Trust me, a real dragunov is better than a fake one.

dRaKoNa
02 Apr 06,, 13:56
www.airsoftextreme.com

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/akkrinkov.jpg

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/aemax/akkrinkov.html

How's that for a real sport? Get a team of airsofters together and gun it out. Super realistic, and super fun. What does everyone else think of this?

Ok, the point of this thread.

Most of the time we will never get to own a fully automatic weapon such as an M-16 or AK-47. Then I found this site, that sells extremely realistic airsoft guns and I thought, "gee, a new hobby for me"

That AK-74U shoots 700 rds a minute, and is good for a couple hundred feet. But then again, most paintball/airsoft ranges are small enough that 200-400 ft is a pretty good distance of fire. yo im thinking bout getting airsoft guns i just gt a few questions. 1. will these break easily and soon when i get themthis s the guns i want but not sure (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147408&cp=2227812.1908198&page=4&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=1908198) 2. do they hurt if u have 2 shurts on? 3. can ne1 give me a link for some decent airsoft guns for like a 10 year old? plz 4. will a 2000 count bb pack go down fast? 5. do they hurt? 6. ne1 no of ne airsoft fields in ct? and finally 7. how far do pistols usually go?

dRaKoNa
02 Apr 06,, 14:02
yo im thinking bout getting airsoft guns i just gt a few questions. 1. will these break easily and soon when i get themthis s the guns i want but not sure (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147408&cp=2227812.1908198&page=4&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=1908198) 2. do they hurt if u have 2 shurts on? 3. can ne1 give me a link for some decent airsoft guns for like a 10 year old? plz 4. will a 2000 count bb pack go down fast? 5. do they hurt? 6. ne1 no of ne airsoft fields in ct? and finally 7. how far do pistols usually go? again me sry but is this good?i dont wanna shoot ppl but i wanna have target practice cuz im going to camp in the summer and we have guns shootouts (just seeing who can get bullseye first on a target) (REAL GUNS WITH THAT) (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2055196&cp=2227812.1908198&page=4&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=1908198) plz i dont wanna get 2 (not sure ) and get shot by my brother and go :eek:

dRaKoNa
02 Apr 06,, 14:04
I went with a friend to an airsoft... um scenario i guess, on a stay in america, my friend let me use his 350 dollar FAMAS... and i must say apart form the badass action of the gun i had no fun... doging little 6mm bb's flying at you that when they hit they jus bounce and produce no pain... BUT paint ball to i must admit the guns are unlrealisting is just so much more hardcore! Doging .68 cal balls flying at you at 300 feet per second that sting like hell leave welts and make a satisfiying splllatt on you that you just cant miss, hundreds of players in fire fights, the most realistic sounding co2 and no2 blast makes the audio orgasmic(yes i no they are NOWHERE near as loud as real guns but it still quenches my thirst for the sound of battle), guns firing up to 30 balls per secound, the pain and screams of men being struck, calls for support on the radio being pined down paint everywhere, ahahaahahahaahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, its just so awesome... and worth the price... airsoft is just so ... as americans say... gay? anyway im back in america, and ill be here till november, so ive registered for the Oklahoma D-day event for 2006 in June, 4,000 players are to be there this year... whew cant wait

anouther thing im not sure about, is the airsoft figures (serious players), but the number of registered Paintballers(speedball and airball alone) is up to 10,000,000. now i wonder how many woodsballers and scenarioballers... out numbers airsoft players unbeliveably... hahaha...

oh and by the way for other paintballers out there i have a, Tippmann 98 custom pro E(electronic) with a 47 ci 3000 psi tank \, halo b hopper, m98 m-4 stock and the tank is reversed. As soon as i get a picture ill post it, but the gun and its stuff togetther was a good total of 500$ hehe.. 15 bps max I know its slow by many standards but its good ebough for me... hey me i dont really know much but i fu wanna get hurt put a bathing suit on and no shirt then go out and have wars (mask too) my friends have done this they came back with little bumps on there back but they were bleeding (from far away too)

jame$thegreat
24 Apr 06,, 22:58
"And they are crap too. LOL. Your not an airsofter, you probably don't know what your talking about. Yet evidently you have nothing better to do. Theres a lot of cheap crap on ebay."

I would imagine neither are you if you consider only RPM when airstofting, FPS is the most important part of airsoft and you have not said a think about it yet!

"So it isn't a toy, and if you load it up with 0.88g BB's you could use it for self defense"

you know, i dont like being disrespectful but this comment is pure ignorance, .88g bbs would move so slowly being shot from an airsoft gun thta it isnt even a coherent idea, your fps would decrease lik 20% and consider how much fps you are shooting right now, the site itself says that those airsoft guns shoot typically no more than 300 fps, considering how much these cost that is ridiculous, my airsoft gun shoots 350 fps and i bought it for $50 , additionally it is certainly not suitable for self defense at all with any pellets, maybe if you were to paint it completly black and brandish it as a real gun but not as it shoots.

Bill
25 Apr 06,, 22:42
airsoft is just so ... as americans say... gay?

Agreed.

Me personally, after experiencing MILES and NTC several times, nothing can match up.

Bill
25 Apr 06,, 22:43
But you can't kill deer or any other animal. Also you can't defend yourself with it. Trust me, a real dragunov is better than a fake one.

Not all that much.... :tongue:

sappersgt
26 Apr 06,, 06:44
Not all that much.... :tongue:

I picked up a Dragunov in the field once but forgot to pickup the special issue ammunition for it. I couldn't believe it was 8" off zero! We usually had to rezero captured weapons but I was still shocked. Then someone told me the special ammo had red tips. It was too late to go back get some and I didn't feel like carrying a useless sniper rifle along with all my other stuff.

I forgot to mention that I had to come all the way down to 50m before I could even find out where the bullet went! At 200m I couldn't even see a dust mark!

Bill
26 Apr 06,, 17:09
I picked up a Dragunov in the field once but forgot to pickup the special issue ammunition for it. I couldn't believe it was 8" off zero! We usually had to rezero captured weapons but I was still shocked. Then someone told me the special ammo had red tips. It was too late to go back get some and I didn't feel like carrying a useless sniper rifle along with all my other stuff.

I forgot to mention that I had to come all the way down to 50m before I could even find out where the bullet went! At 200m I couldn't even see a dust mark!

:biggrin:

thegentleman
26 Apr 06,, 18:05
I have been been playing airsoft for about four years now, and I have to say, I really like it. I havent used MILES gear but I have used FATS, and Still airsoft seems to hold a great element of realism-though I would not know what combat feels like- It just seems very real to me, aside from noise and no felt recoil at all. I love it.

Bill
26 Apr 06,, 20:13
I havent used MILES gear but I have used FATS, and Still airsoft seems to hold a great element of realism-though I would not know what combat feels like- It just seems very real to me, aside from noise and no felt recoil at all. I love it.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis"
~ Erasmus Rotterdamus

thegentleman
27 Apr 06,, 14:10
War is lovely for those who know nothing, well read, Im impressed.
Im only seventeen, so obviously I have no shape or form of battle experience, its no secret. For now this stuff is the only excitement I get. I have to graduate high school before the Army will let me leave, so atleast until July I will stick to airsoft and paintball.

Bill
27 Apr 06,, 15:46
War is lovely for those who know nothing, well read, Im impressed.
Im only seventeen, so obviously I have no shape or form of battle experience, its no secret. For now this stuff is the only excitement I get. I have to graduate high school before the Army will let me leave, so atleast until July I will stick to airsoft and paintball.

I was where you are once. I couldnt wait to join after HS. I joined before my 18th B.D.

jame$thegreat
28 Apr 06,, 01:36
I gotta say, airsoft is no fun unless you use an airsoft gun with at least 300 fps. because with that, at a distance you still get i bit of a red mark. i played airsoft with a gun with 260 fps once, it was only fun close range. we had to play in a large shed. it worked out well and i had little tiny welts all over my arms but it was great. (for added fun play in shorts and short sleeves) but a 350 fps gun like mine hurts so bad holy crap. i got a mark on my arm so bad it was purpleish blue!

navypeter
31 May 06,, 08:46
all i have to say is f paintball and f airsoft. go do simunitions if u want the realest experience. but i don't think civilians can do that. but its real guns with half the gun powder in a shell with a round made out of plastic and some type of dye/paint.u get the recoil, sound, reload, pain....... much better.

Defcon 6
31 May 06,, 09:01

I can't believe this thread is still going. :)

But just to respond, I abhor the killing of innocent animals. Unless it's going to the grocery store afterwards. I also don't mind people who eat the deers they kill...but someone I know, knows a guy who got lime disease from that. yuck!

Defcon 6
31 May 06,, 09:04
all i have to say is f paintball and f airsoft. go do simunitions if u want the realest experience. but i don't think civilians can do that. but its real guns with half the gun powder in a shell with a round made out of plastic and some type of dye/paint.u get the recoil, sound, reload, pain....... much better.

...yeah...nice attitude. :rolleyes:

navypeter
02 Jun 06,, 07:42
im sorry, although i do enjoy the art of paint ball i perfer it not. but i understand ones feelings as to why they may enjoy the sport and respect those individuals for the choices that they make in their life.

hows that. better

ArmchairGeneral
02 Jun 06,, 20:56
I can't believe this thread is still going. :)

But just to respond, I abhor the killing of innocent animals. Unless it's going to the grocery store afterwards. I also don't mind people who eat the deers they kill...but someone I know, knows a guy who got lime disease from that. yuck!
You can't get infected with Lyme disease from eating venison, as far as I know. I believe transmission is limited to tick bites, mainly from black legged deer ticks, and possibly other insect bites as well.

Defcon 6
04 Jun 06,, 05:33
You can't get infected with Lyme disease from eating venison, as far as I know. I believe transmission is limited to tick bites, mainly from black legged deer ticks, and possibly other insect bites as well.

well he got something. lol. i just don't remember what it is.

leib10
04 Jun 06,, 06:16
Transmission is through tick bites only.

abcdefghiQ44
11 May 09,, 23:22
Dude this is exactly what i've been looking for, however the link is deactivated. Can you tell me another link, maybe it changed.(If you can.)

Thanks in advance-