Kuldeep Singh Honoured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuldeep Singh Honoured

Dear Wab members as promised, I managed to track down Kuldeep Singh in Delhi.

All is not well for him, he has lost 90% of his eyesight in his left eye and the right eye is completly gone. His right hand has been badly disfigured but on the bright side he has a lot of people along with the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) & the Centeral Government taking care of him.

He could not talk much as he has got hearing problems as well but I did get 2 exchange a few words with him.

I let him knew that there are people (Specially non-indians) around the world who care for him and respect him for what he did. What he did was the work of a true hero not motivated by any sort of inducements and that the world always looks up to people like him and that the courage and guts he showed are found in only very few people.

I personally gifted him 7000 In Rupees though not much. If anyone here wishes to donate any sum, I shall post you the phone number of Sunil Chillar, Kuldeep Singh's manager and the person in the brown V-neck puhllover who would ensure that any such donations directly go to Kuldeep Singh.

I would like to thank Mr Sunil Chillar for helping arrange this meeting with Kuldeep Singh without whome this would have been impossible.

The person on the extreme left is Mr Chillar who helped arrange this meeting.
    The person below Kuldeep Singh is his Brother In- Law and the person next to Mr Singh is another relative and in White Shirt is me.
    More pictures
    Pic1
    Pic3

This one is for you bluesman

Comment

wow, gautman. I greatly appreciate your efforts to track down Mr.Singh.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
        wow, gautman. I greatly appreciate your efforts to track down Mr.Singh.

Thank you.
        Its Gautam not gautaman

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
          Its Gautam not gautaman
          Whoever you are ( ;) ) I also want to say thank you. It is really good of you that you went through and did this. :)
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Thank you. I'm very, very appreciative, and I think I can speak for all the signatories when i say that your extraordinary generosity of personal time and money is well past what was expected.

I am moved, and this is just what I needed. You made me feel better, and I hope Mr. Singh will, too.

Folks, I'm proud of all of you.

Comment

Thankyou Gautam
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                I think I can speak for all the signatories when i say that your extraordinary generosity of personal time and money is well past what was expected.
                I agree with you 100% on this.

Thank you again, Gautam
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

It's amazing what a few words can do and how much more we got in return. My thanks to everyone.

Comment

Its Gautam not gautaman
                    Thank you.
                    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Dear Wab members as promised, I managed to track down Kuldeep Singh in Delhi.

All is not well for him, he has lost 90% of his eyesight in his left eye and the right eye is completly gone. His right hand has been badly disfigured but on the bright side he has a lot of people along with the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) & the Centeral Government taking care of him.

He could not talk much as he has got hearing problems as well but I did get 2 exchange a few words with him.

I let him knew that there are people (Specially non-indians) around the world who care for him and respect him for what he did. What he did was the work of a true hero not motivated by any sort of inducements and that the world always looks up to people like him and that the courage and guts he showed are found in only very few people.

I personally gifted him 7000 In Rupees though not much. If anyone here wishes to donate any sum, I shall post you the phone number of Sunil Chillar, Kuldeep Singh's manager and the person in the brown V-neck puhllover who would ensure that any such donations directly go to Kuldeep Singh.

I would like to thank Mr Sunil Chillar for helping arrange this meeting with Kuldeep Singh without whome this would have been impossible.

The person on the extreme left is Mr Chillar who helped arrange this meeting.
                      The person below Kuldeep Singh is his Brother In- Law and the person next to Mr Singh is another relative and in White Shirt is me.
                      More pictures
                      Pic1
                      Pic3
                      I met Gautam that evening. A great guy. And this initiative he took has indeed been inspiring (to me personally) and is special in every sense. Thanks dude.

- Srirangan
                      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Gautam, Drop me in the contacts of Mr. Kuldeep SIngh. Thanks.
                        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Gautam,
                          Shabaash!!...good job done. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Very Good.

Comment

My Blog entry regarding the same:

Kuldeep Singh & Gautam Chhabra

Gautam took great pains to find Kuldeep and to hand him over the petition. Kuldeep, the hero of the 29th October 2005 Delhi terror attack, who single handedly saved atleast 2 dozen lives now admitted in AIIMS hospital in New Delhi, struggling to cope with the lasting injuries he sustained that fateful day.

Back in November 2005, the good folks over at World Affairs Board had started a petition, thanks to an initiative by Bluesman. The support Kuldeep got from WAB was rather special with over 59 signatories from WAB alone.

Then what followed was something that personally moved me and inspired countless others. Gautam Chhabra, a young man living in the United Kingdom, came down here, successfully located Kuldeep among 13.8 Delhii'tes, personally went to meet him down at AIIMS, handed him over a laminated copy of the petition and an amount in donation.

Myself living here in New Delhi didn't once drive down to meet Kuldeep, donated naught and more importantly didn't even once feel the need to do any of the forementioned. Shameful? You might say.

But shameful aptly described how I felt while meeting Gautam later that same evening. My respect to Kuldeep, to Gautam and to WAB. Thanks!
                              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X