Winchester demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester demise

No more Model 94 "dirty-thirty" lever actions and no more Model 70 bolt actions will be made. The Belgian based company that owns Winchester is closing the New Haven plant and cancelling further manufacture of those rifles and one model of shotgun.

You can go on almost any search engine (Google is best) and punch in "Winchester Demise". On google the first two postings are the reports in detail.

They do not mention that some foreign countries make replicas of these guns, but more for reinactors and movies than practical use.

But no matter how accurate the replica is, it still won't be a WINCHESTER.

Nothing is sacred anymore.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

That's a true shame. Both models are true firearms legends. I have a Model 94 and 2 Model 70's. All great guns. What a travesty.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

This is a shining example of why we do NOT want foreigners in control of companies like Winchester, Remington etc.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I own a 70, damned nice gun, and the feel of the wood just has something traditional to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
          This is a shining example of why we do NOT want foreigners in control of companies like Winchester, Remington etc.
          Yep yep yep. Heckler and Koch was owned by a British corporation for a while, but German companies bought it back after a while. Thank God.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Damn, I just sold my "Dirty Thirty" before christmas. Had it since 1976, and hadn't shot it in years.

Now this, maybe I should have kept it.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
              Yep yep yep. Heckler and Koch was owned by a British corporation for a while, but German companies bought it back after a while. Thank God.
              Oh thank God I didn't know that, I wouldn't be here right now if I did.

Comment

What about their ammo? Will they still make ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by Ishapore41
                  What about their ammo? Will they still make ammo?
                  Ammo you can buy anywhere. Most 94s chamber popular caliber. Those that don't are probably antiques. Even those you can reload your own if you have a supply of brass.

I'm so happy I bought mine long ago and don't have to run out now to look for an overpriced one. Although I do want a few more of these levers just for shiz and giggles.

edit: oh do you mean will the Winchester brand ammo still exist? I'm sure it will since the plant that closed is a firearm plant, not an ammo plant. Besides, Winchester doesn't really make any special ammo. It's all just the right to slap the "Winchester" label on a product.
                  Last edited by gunnut; 01 Feb 06,, 02:08.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                    Ammo you can buy anywhere. Most 94s chamber popular caliber. Those that don't are probably antiques. Even those you can reload your own if you have a supply of brass.

I'm so happy I bought mine long ago and don't have to run out now to look for an overpriced one. Although I do want a few more of these levers just for shiz and giggles.

edit: oh do you mean will the Winchester brand ammo still exist? I'm sure it will since the plant that closed is a firearm plant, not an ammo plant. Besides, Winchester doesn't really make any special ammo. It's all just the right to slap the "Winchester" label on a product.
                    No, I mean the ammo that Winchester makes. I buy there shotgun and rifle ammo. Will they still be making that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ishapore41
                      No, I mean the ammo that Winchester makes. I buy there shotgun and rifle ammo. Will they still be making that?
                      Those should be unaffected since they are essentially 2 seperate companies. The parent company that owns the rights to the Winchester label just slaps it on the ammo it makes. There's nothing special about those. You can essentially get any type of ammo with the same specs to achieve the same results.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                        Those should be unaffected since they are essentially 2 seperate companies. The parent company that owns the rights to the Winchester label just slaps it on the ammo it makes. There's nothing special about those. You can essentially get any type of ammo with the same specs to achieve the same results.
                        OOO goody goody. I'd hate it if their ammo went off the shelves.

Comment

Working...
                        X