Most deadly pistol round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most deadly pistol round

What do you all believe are the most deadly pistol rounds? Be careful about saying "according to......": I'm going to get an ER surgeons input on this one.
    The Ball Mall, LLC: Your Central Ohio Source for Used and Recovered Golf Balls.

Is anyone going to respond?
    The Ball Mall, LLC: Your Central Ohio Source for Used and Recovered Golf Balls.

Comment

All things being equal, ie shot placement and bullet wt. The last thing (of the more common calibers) I would want to be hit with is the .357 mag. Ofcourse, an incompetent Dr can do me in just as easy.
      Last edited by bonehead; 23 Jan 06,, 03:48.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
        Ofcourse, an incompetent Dr can do me in just as easy.
        Are you President James A. Garfield??
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
          Are you President James A. Garfield??
          Cough..Cough, I will neither comfirm, nor deny that rumor. Cough.
          I will say that my scrotum pressure device, when installed on my dentist, has made my visits more pleasant. "We are not going to hurt each other, are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ballguy
            What do you all believe are the most deadly pistol rounds? Be careful about saying "according to......": I'm going to get an ER surgeons input on this one.
            You mean there are less dangerous pistol rounds?....that don't kill.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Anything .44 Magnum and up is very "deadly", although "effective" would be a better word since all bullets are deadly to a certain degree.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

I'm not sure, but I thought it was the Desert Eagle's 50.AE round.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                  All things being equal, ie shot placement and bullet wt. The last thing (of the more common calibers) I would want to be hit with is the .357 mag. Ofcourse, an incompetent Dr can do me in just as easy.
                  That's a good point; placement. An expert marksman can kill you with a well placed .22 caliber long rifle rimfire. But that is if you are standing or sitting very still, he is not too far away and using a Remington 513T target rifle aiming at your unprotected temple or eardrum.

But in general combat situations, where bullets are often shot only at the general direction of an enemy, I would bet on the .44 magnum semi-jacketed round from a REVOLVER, with the .44 Automag in the semi-auto pistols. That is if you want knockdown with impressive penetration.

For MORE penetration, however the .41 magnum is considered a greater penetrator than the .44 mag (and there is only .019 difference between the two with .44 actually being .429). Unfortunately that can only apply for revolvers as I have not seen any rimless rifle cartridges modified to take the .41 as in the .44 automag (which actually uses a .308 case cut back to the shoulder).

At least not since I got out of the gun shop business back in the late 70s (partner take-over and too damn much government paperwork).
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

.50 Ae

Comment

Hey! would a 12 gauge double barrel shotgun with the barrel cut at say.. 5" count as a pistol round? If so then I want to change my answer because...thats gotta hurt.

Comment

I would say hollow points or black talons.
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

There is a nice new family of the enhanced penetration rounds for russian pistols.
                          Haven't seen them "in the wild" though.

http://club.guns.ru/eng/barnaul.html

Comment

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

that site is better than yours. take a look sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon 6
                              http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

that site is better than yours. take a look sometime.
                              I've seen it, Deafcon. My favourite is pvo.guns.ru ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X