• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Lie Wins

1st Story:
    Mayor To Honor 11-Year-Old For Telling Lie
    Boy Saves Mom From Fire

UPDATED: 4:46 pm EST January 14, 2006

SHEFFIELD LAKE, Ohio -- Officials in one Lorain County town said they plan to honor a boy for telling a lie.

They said 11-year-old Joe Cambria helped to save his mother when their house caught fire last week, NewsChannel5 reported.

She went back into the house to try to find the family cat, but Joe fibbed and said "Simba" was already safe. He then called 911.

Firefighters were able to rescue the cat, that's now being treated for burns.

Sheffield Lake's mayor said Joe will be recognized as a hero at Monday's city council meeting.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/family/6095044/detail.html
    Follow up:
    Cat Recovers After Boy Told Lie About Rescue
    Owner Wanted To Go Back Into Home

UPDATED: 10:57 am EST January 17, 2006

SHEFFIELD LAKE, Ohio -- A cat burned in a house fire in Sheffield Lake continues to recover.

Simba, the cat, was burned on his ears and paws when there was a fire at his home last week.

When the cat's owner attempted to go back into the house to save Simba, her son told her that Simba had already escaped.

The boy will be honored next week by Sheffield Lake for his quick thinking.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/6174709/detail.html
    So I see why the boy lied, but if we start "honoring" kids for lying are we not sending them the wrong message?
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Maybe he should just be honoured for being an improvement to his familys IQ rating
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Is the best lie contest open to just anyone?

"I'll agreee to bin Laden's truce on one condition. He lets me hook him up to and operate his dialysis machine".

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
        Is the best lie contest open to just anyone?

"I'll agreee to bin Laden's truce on one condition. He lets me hook him up to and operate his dialysis machine".

Here is a good one from a pro.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...-29-liar_x.htm

BURLINGTON, WI Former teacher Bill Meinel related education to dentistry and came away with the title of World Champion Liar for a second time. "My son's high school grades went from all As to all Ds. This happened right after he had his wisdom teeth extracted," Meinel fibbed.

Meinel also won the Burlington Liars Club contest in 2003 with this tall tale: "My wife is so indecisive about choosing paint colors, our 1,800-square-foot home is now 1,000 square feet due to all the coats of paint."

The 62-year-old Meinel, of Burlington, said his latest winner comes from a line he used to pull on students. "Whenever one would tell me they were going to miss class to have their wisdom teeth pulled, I would suggest they take all their tests ahead of time," Meinel said.
        I could believe the one about the paint .

Comment

Working...
        X