PDA

View Full Version : "Top Hat" getting too popular

Ray
16 Jan 06,, 20:24
I observe that the newest member is Top Hat.

We have Tophatter, Tophatterliberal and now Tophat.

It will be real confusing as to which Top hat one is to doff his hat to! :tongue:

Lunatock
16 Jan 06,, 21:43

We have Tophatter, Tophatterliberal and now Tophat.

It will be real confusing as to which Top hat one is to doff his hat to! :tongue:

It'd be difficult between Top Hat & Tophatter. THL on the other hand, should naturally get all the praise whenever Tophatter does or thinks of something good. ;) :tongue:

THL
16 Jan 06,, 21:46
It'd be difficult between Top Hat & Tophatter. THL on the other hand, should naturally get all the praise whenever Tophatter does or thinks of something good. ;) :tongue:
Great - I'll never get any credit.

Kidding, TH!! Kidding!! :tongue:

THL
16 Jan 06,, 21:56
I missed the "newest member" part of your post. I just got it now when I saw at the bottom of the board that there was a new member.

Seems a little odd to me...but I am sure the IP address checking mods have it under control.

Parihaka
16 Jan 06,, 22:24
Oh God, not another one! :eek:

THL
17 Jan 06,, 00:39
Oh God, not another one! :eek:
You seem surprised

Parihaka
17 Jan 06,, 00:48
You seem surprised
Surprised, no. Resigned (sighs) yes. How will I keep track of who I can be rude to and who not, and what type of rudeness to whom?

TopHatter
17 Jan 06,, 02:31
Actually, I have this odd feeling that "Tophat" is going to vanish into thin air sooner or later ;)

EDIT: Looks like it was "sooner". Too bad I can't take credit for it though :redface:

Ray
17 Jan 06,, 05:13
I am waiting for the day when there will be a Tomcat or a Topgun who will strike all in a high lo lo or a high lo high attack profile(like the aircrafts) and blow all out!

All the same, it appears that Tophatter is a great role model since right after his arrival at the WAB with his Tophat, we are being invaded by the Top tops, who are spinning in and spinning out, in a self exit or an assisted exit mode!

Horrido
17 Jan 06,, 06:00
All I know, is, someone disappeared him, as far as I can tell, completely, and I had nothing to do with it.

*Looks nervously over shoulders, behind back, and twitchilly around in every direction*

Ray
17 Jan 06,, 06:05
Horrido,

With a signature that you flaunt, go tell that to the Marines! ;) :biggrin:

Horrido
17 Jan 06,, 06:15
Horrido,

With a signature that you flaunt, go tell that to the Marines! ;) :biggrin:

Why? It would only cause them confusion. :tongue:

Julie
17 Jan 06,, 16:10
I didn't do anything. When I was here this weekend, he was a member but hadn't even made any posts yet. What happened? :confused:

Parihaka
17 Jan 06,, 17:54
I didn't do anything. When I was here this weekend, he was a member but hadn't even made any posts yet. What happened? :confused:
It's all part of my evil plot to steal the byline "Cultural Attache"

Julie
17 Jan 06,, 18:08
It's all part of my evil plot to steal the byline "Cultural Attache"LOL ! okay. :tongue:

TopHatter
17 Jan 06,, 18:57
It's all part of my evil plot to steal the byline "Cultural Attache"
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

:tongue:

THL
17 Jan 06,, 20:38
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

Parihaka...You can think about it as much as you want...I think about it everyday...he does not even know. What we should all do is we should ALL change our titles to his little cultural attache thing. What's TopHat(ter) going to do - Take us all on?

He even asked me what I was thinking with my new profile picture:

;)

Parihaka
17 Jan 06,, 20:43
Parihaka...You can think about it as much as you want...I think about it everyday...he dies not even know. What we should all do is we should ALL change our titles to his little cultural attache thing. What's TopHat(ter) going to do - Take us all on?

;)
I will if you will ;)

Julie
17 Jan 06,, 21:12
Something smells like a conspiracy in here. :rolleyes:

Parihaka
17 Jan 06,, 21:18
He even asked me what I was thinking with my new profile picture:

;)
Yeah I saw that, I thought it was some new form of 'my little pony'

Parihaka
17 Jan 06,, 21:29
Something smells like a conspiracy in here. :rolleyes:
PM'ing time.... ;)

THL
17 Jan 06,, 21:44
PM'ing time.... ;)
Can't do anything with a Mod seeing...it's like they are watching us or something.

;)

Ray
17 Jan 06,, 22:05
I somehow like this Cultural Attache stuff.

Gives a bit of an intellectual air! :biggrin:

My office orderly used to lug my attache case from the staff car to the office and the attache case was quality leather! Real sophisticated.

It carried a whole lot of culture in it too - my music CDs! :tongue:

THL
18 Jan 06,, 01:35
I somehow like this Cultural Attache stuff.

Gives a bit of an intellectual air! :biggrin:

My office orderly used to lug my attache case from the staff car to the office and the attache case was quality leather! Real sophisticated.

I have a nice attache' - but there is no culture in it.

*sigh*

TopHatter
18 Jan 06,, 02:01
I see you found useful things for your colonels to do. :biggrin:

lemontree
18 Jan 06,, 05:16
The only colonels that would have carried Brig.Ray sir's attache must have been the ones looking for a nice ACR (annual confidential report) from him, but I am sure they must had to prove their professional ability more than their dexterity at opening his staff car doors are carrying his attache.

However, the attache carrier is generally carried by a "Other Ranks" (soldier) from the Bde HQ or some one from his protective detail (if in an operational area).

Samudra
18 Jan 06,, 06:39
Am I late ? :confused:

Ray
18 Jan 06,, 06:43

No chance of any Colonel carrying the attache case. :eek:

Heavens the Colonel would have had a fit if anyone expected him to do so!

It was my runner ( a sepoy or private).

Bulgaroctonus
19 Jan 06,, 00:27
Another Cultural Attache has arrived.

But this one is in Greek.

Check your dictionaries ladies and gentlemen.

πολιτισμός ακόλουθος

Parihaka
19 Jan 06,, 00:34
Ah what the hell.......

THL
19 Jan 06,, 02:16
Let the games begin....

:) :tongue:

TopHatter
19 Jan 06,, 02:58
Let the games begin....

:) :tongue:
I can be a good sport and share with the other children. :)

;)

Parihaka
19 Jan 06,, 03:23
I can be a good sport and share with the other children. :)
;)

That's it? Moderators bribed for 'protection', hundreds of pm's, reputations ruined, a globally co-ordinated campaign with some classic snafu's to rival the start of OEF and all we get is 'I can share' with a smiley face?
I smell a rat.....

Shek
19 Jan 06,, 03:56
That's it? Moderators bribed for 'protection', hundreds of pm's, reputations ruined, a globally co-ordinated campaign with some classic snafu's to rival the start of OEF and all we get is 'I can share' with a smiley face?
I smell a rat.....

Why should TopHatter share? Now it will be confusing when anyone refers to TH :confused:

Confed999
19 Jan 06,, 04:02
:cool:

THL
19 Jan 06,, 04:04
I smell a rat.....
Me too. Are you kidding me, TH? Do you know how many PMs we tied the WAB up with? We had to coordinate TIME ZONES for crying out loud!

And now, folks, he does not answer his phone. Something funny is going on here. :tongue:

lemontree
19 Jan 06,, 05:04
And now, folks, he does not answer his phone. Something funny is going on here. :tongue:
Someone spilled the beans. :rolleyes:

Samudra
19 Jan 06,, 05:05
We had to coordinate TIME ZONES for crying out loud!

I finally found something in which Americans are behind us Asians! :redface:

Officer of Engineers
19 Jan 06,, 05:11
Really, gentlemen.

Please initiate counter-battery operations.

Look at my title for hint.

TopHatter
19 Jan 06,, 05:50
Really, gentlemen.

Please initiate counter-battery operations.

Look at my title for hint.
Hmmmm....it appears that I am outnumbered, outgunned, outranked and outmanuevered..... :frown:

Looks I'll have to put Contingency Plan Zed into action. ;)

Ray
19 Jan 06,, 05:57
So am I as Cultural Attaché.

Was busy with Cultural Activities and Cheetos were not there.

Samudra
19 Jan 06,, 06:00
Shek seems to be next. ;)

Ray
19 Jan 06,, 12:06
TH the Cultural Moderator.

What be the Contingency Plan Zed?

Since I am your well wisher, may I caution you that there is a Contingency to the Contingency.

It is worse than Typhoon Katherine. :eek:

It called Katherine Wheel!

Careful.

Ray
19 Jan 06,, 18:15
Paging Monseigneur Top Hatter,

My Lord, I have heard of Bird Flu and it spreading like a forest fire.

But what is this "Cultural Attaché" that is also spreading like a virus. Where did it start, what is the antidote?

It is very contagious. Is it benign or is it malignant?

I also find another strain of the same affliction - Culturally Attached!

There is no doubt that this will spread and guests on the WAB might mistake this as a Cultural Board and shy away since the only culture most understand is "Agriculture"! :eek:

We shall then miss out on having greater and more interesting folks than Top Hat, Top Cat, Top Dog!

Julie
19 Jan 06,, 18:18
LOL ! Is there a doctor in the house? :biggrin:

TopHatter
19 Jan 06,, 18:30
What be the Contingency Plan Zed?
Oh it's quite simple really.

I shall create a Grand Army of the Almighty Cheetah and my cloned soldiers shall be known as Cultural Attaches and they will further my cause of Cheeto world domination. :cool:

Perhaps you've seen a few of my matchless warriors on this very board? :)

They are easily recognizable. ;)

Bulgaroctonus
19 Jan 06,, 20:45
But what is this "Cultural Attaché" that is also spreading like a virus. Where did it start, what is the antidote?

It is very contagious. Is it benign or is it malignant?

Its like the T-Virus from Resident Evil.

In fact, I've had to board up my house, the rest of my town has turned into zombies.

Oh God! They're outside right now...

Wait, they're mumbling something..."Cheeetoooos"

They're inside, oh no...oh no....

[panting as I run upstairs]

Plan Zed is in action!

Parihaka
19 Jan 06,, 20:59
Its like the T-Virus from Resident Evil.

In fact, I've had to board up my house, the rest of my town has turned into zombies.

Oh God! They're outside right now...

Wait, they're mumbling something..."Cheeetoooos"

They're inside, oh no...oh no....

[panting as I run upstairs]

Plan Zed is in action!
Bulgar? BULGAR! DAMN THOSE CHEETOS :mad:

TopHatter
19 Jan 06,, 22:28
Bulgar? BULGAR! DAMN THOSE CHEETOS :mad:
You may now refer to Bulgar as your "Honored Dead".

As an imposter Cultural Attache (evident by the rank written in Greek) he has been rooted out and liquidated. My condolences to the family.

*pauses to swipe a cloth across his jackboots*

Cheeto World Domination will go forward.

Gun Grape
19 Jan 06,, 23:41
You may now refer to Bulgar as your "Honored Dead".

As an imposter Cultural Attache (evident by the rank written in Greek) he has been rooted out and liquidated. My condolences to the family.

*pauses to swipe a cloth across his jackboots*

Cheeto World Domination will go forward.

Are those regular Cheetos? Or have you called in the Baked Cheeto reenforcments?

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 00:04
Everyone...I'm not dead!

Whew. I escaped through my attic, and jumped off the roof. I'm bruised, but okay. Fortunately, I had my house rigged with C4 explosive charges. Oh baby, I blew that places sky high! Goodbye to some more zombie scum.

Listen, the situation here... [automatic gunfire in the background]

...yeah, it's really bad. Project Zed rolled in here about six hours ago...

[mortar round explodes in the distance]

...they just blew away everything. The local police department is overwhelmed. They're dead...all dead. At least those that haven't been infected with the C-Virus (Cheetobulus Infernus).

Right now, some freedom fighters have gathered in the heights above town. We've been shelling the town for some hours, trying to keep the zombies at the base of the ridge. But we're running out of ammo.

I just don't know how long we can keep this up.

Wait...oh sh*t...they're coming up the hill. [talks to comrade] C'mon man...let's go...go...go... [panting up the hill]

Open fire! [automatic fire]

Alright, this the Bulgaroctonus out. I'll keep you all informed.

Remember, shut down the Cheeto stores in your town! That's how the C-Virus spreads. We can't let Project Zed get loose.

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 00:21
OMG :eek:

Cheetos discovery puts scientists on alert

Pest control people in Masterton are playing a waiting game to see if the region is about to be invaded by the dreaded American Cheetos – ranked in snack food circles as one of the 100 worst invaders in the world. They have the potential to cause an ecological, social and economic disaster.
A high alert and intense watching brief has been issued around the country by organisations such as Forest and Bird, MAF's biosecurity division and individual Cheetos experts.

The closest confirmed existence of the Cheetos is at Petone, at Karori in Wellington and at Waikanae.

Originating in America, the Cheetos were first found in Auckland in 1990 and colonies have now been found as far south as Christchurch.

There have been no sign of them entering Wairarapa until yesterday when two Cheetos were handed in, not immediately recognised by the biosecurity team here and which had then running for their guns. They do not want to say where in Wairarapa they were found until it has been confirmed if they are the American species.
James Lambie, senior biosecurity officer, says they are certainly not the common Cheetos. They have been sent to Stephen Hartley at Victoria University's school of biological sciences for identification.

Dr Hartley has dedicated the past few years to the Cheetos and their potential disastrous affects on other snack foods and vertebrates, as well as the ecological and economic consequences.

The voracious little immigrant is slugged second to the world's worst Cheetos invader, the Red Fire Cheetos, not yet in New Zealand. It has been ranked by New Zealand experts as being as big a threat as Shania Twain and Celine Dion.

Dr Cas Vanerwoude, an internationally recognised Cheetos scientist (Cheetocologist), heads an Auckland company, Anti-Cheetos. He says the American Cheeto is a serious household and urban threat and could have a significant impact on the agricultural industry and natural environment.

The Cheetos nest in massive numbers and forage in a column five or six Cheetos wide. They establish large foraging trails into houses seeking food and water.

He has seen them devour humans to the bone in minutes.

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 00:23
Bulgar, try sprinkling them with Worcestershire sauce, they can't stand it!

Gun Grape
20 Jan 06,, 00:28
Rumor around these parts says that eating Frosted Flakes will protect you.

Nothing like the power of Tony the Tiger!

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 00:34
Bulgar, try sprinkling them with Worcestershire sauce, they can't stand it!
[automatic gun fire...shouting]

"C'mon you bastards! Keep it coming!"

[zombie comes over the sandbags, "Cheeeetoooooo"]

"Oh yeah? You want some?!" [I blow zombie away with point-blank shotgun blast]

What's that you say Parihaka? Worcestershire sauce?

[talking to comrade] "Hey Charlie, we got any of those mortar rounds left?"

[Charlie] "Yeah. Why?"

[Me] "Never mind why! Just put Worcestershire Sauce in them. Yeah, pack 'em full!"

Alright, Parihaka. Let's let the W-Sauce go!

"Charlie, fire away!"

[Charlie] "Fire in the hole!"

[Me] "Alright! Direct hit! We got 'em on the run boys..."

[automatic gunfire, mortar blasts, artillery rounds]

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 00:42
Me] "Alright! Direct hit! We got 'em on the run boys..."

[automatic gunfire, mortar blasts, artillery rounds]
MWAHAHAAHA.... NOTHING can withstand a few good men with Worcestershire sauce!

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 01:14
Bulgar, good work, keep em running but watch your flanks. I can't say too much on an open channel but I suspect fifth column activity in the form of a certain Canadian Engineer trained in NBC decontamination who is not responding to pm's.

To the other Cultural Attaches, watch out for these.

http://www.ezoutletshoppingmall.com/files/cheetos.jpg

If you see one report it immediately and sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce and consume Frosted Flakes. These will innoculate you from their effects.

Ray, watch out! I recall a seemingly innocent exchange a few months back where TopHatter introduced you to 'spiced' Cheetos. Only now is his true Machivallian nature exposed! Watch your back!

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 02:32
*sigh*
The Almighty Cheetah is everywhere.....you can't get away.... ;)

With my clone army of Cultural Attaches, world domination is at hand....

....hey, is that Crunchy Cheeto I see there? Mmmmmm....Cheeeeeetossss. :)

Julie
20 Jan 06,, 02:51
:eek: Yall are scaring me. :redface:

THL
20 Jan 06,, 03:06
:eek: Yall are scaring me. :redface:
Thank you. I was reading this a bit ago thinking to myself that I cannot possibly be the only one that has no freaking clue what the heck is going on in here or what they are talking about. I kept reading and thinking to myself that I have to remember to go to bed early because I must be VERY VERY tired.

Julie
20 Jan 06,, 03:22
I have to admit my favorite is the white cheddar cheetos....I will look at them much differently now. :redface:

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 03:36
*** munching on butter cookies and sipping a nice scotch ***

What?

Julie
20 Jan 06,, 03:55
*** munching on butter cookies and sipping a nice scotch ***

What? LOL ! :biggrin:

Sorry OoE....I was laughing and accidently hit the "edit" button instead of reply.. :redface: That's why your post has an "edited by Julie" under it. :tongue:

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:18
Parihaka,

There’s a lull in the fighting, I can write at length.

I’ve got some bad news for you. We tipped our mortar shells with the W-Sauce Ordinance (WSO). It was successful in pushing the zombies out of town. However, it appears the zombies were only a precursor to the true machinations of Project Zed.

About three hours ago, Resistance Special Operations Team 5 (RSOT 5) raided an old quarry several miles to the north. They had noticed that the zombies were swarming around the place in a strange way. Upon inspection, it was clear that the quarry had tunnels deep under the surrounding hills. RSOT 5 infiltrated the base and recovered important documents detailing Project Zed.

In addition to recovering documents, RSOT 5 encountered human resistance. Guards in full body armor, and automatic weapons held the facility. As you will see, we were wrong to think we were only up against zombies. It appears there are deeper forces at play here.

RSOT 5 prepared the following summary. It appears our friend ‘TopHatter’ has been very busy. I warn you, what you are about the read is very disturbing.

I - The History of Project Zed as Project 2501

Project Zed originated within the United States Department of Defense. It was known at that point only as Project 2501. This Project apparently came together under the auspices of the most secretive biochemical warfare programs of the DoD. We are not sure, but 2501 may have been initiated as early as 1991.

It appears that 2501 was conceived as the new edge in biochemical warfare. If the estimate of the date (1991) is right, then the weapon may have been engineered as an asset against the Soviet Union. However, the concomitant fall of the USSR ruled this out.

With the emergence of a uni-polar world in 1991, Project 2501 was reassigned to another secret office with the DoD. We are unsure, but it appears that this place was located in southern Florida. It was identified only as Lab 83. There, the DoD’s top epidemiologists and biochemical engineers worked to perfect 2501. We do not know the intent of the product. It could have been for use against nation-states hostile to the U.S. or it could have been intended for some other strategic purpose.

In any case, 2501 eventually passed out of DoD control. In 1995, a CIA agent leaked the operation. Although it never surfaced in the papers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) pressured Congress to close down the operation. A secret hearing in the Senate closed down Project 2501 and Lab 83.

However, certain parts of the government were unwilling to let 2501 be shut down. On October 5th, 1995, as Lab 83 was being decommissioned by CDC and FBI officials, a group of paramilitaries stormed the Lab. They were able to overpower the FBI agents at the Lab within ten minutes. The CDC personnel were chased off the premises, and the paramilitary group escaped into the southern Florida bog.

The American government has since denied any involvement in the incident.

The CIA and FBI tracked the paramilitary group. Apparently, they were Zeta Epsilon Delta Force (ZED). They were formerly used by the Drug Enforcement Agency and the FBI to do dirty work in Colombia. Somehow, the DEA let the ZED force out of their sight for several months. It is not known if why ZED knew where Lab 83 was, or why they specifically attacked the location of 2501. It is very possible that an insider in the U.S. government used ZED to try to take control of Project 2501.

II - The Virus

Project 2501, renamed Project Zed after 6 October 1995, was essentially an extremely infectious and injurious virus. Its original scientific name was Filoviridae Intensivirus. It is extremely unconventional and was engineered completely within a lab. The epidemiologists of Project 2501 took existing viruses and bred them together to create one of the most lethal weapons on Earth.

The Intensivirus works by attacking first the central nervous system. It invades the pre-frontal cortex and alters consciousness, inducing the ‘zombie-like’ behavior that we’ve noticed here in the battle zone. Meanwhile, autolysis speeds up, creating a condition of continuous, but non-lethal, skin decay. The cell spreads from the CNS down into the muscle fibers. Paradoxically, the Intensivirus briefly adds to muscle strength as the muscular fibers attempt to grow more to counteract the autolysis of surrounding tissues.
This gives the victims their bizarre, zombie strength.

The Intensivirus continues to wreak havoc throughout the human body. As the digestive system fails, victims become pathologically hungry and thirsty, causing them to rove like madmen in search of nutrients. Coupled with their reduced mental state, and briefly powerful limbs, the victims of Intensivirus incredibly dangerous.

Victims will die naturally after 23-27 days. The virus is simply too destructive to last very long. The DoD designed it for maximum decimation ability (about 95 % fatality we’ve seen), so fortunately, it doesn’t last that long. Unfortunately, the disease is equally infectious, spreading throughout a dense population in mere hours.

III - The Birth of Project Zed

The U.S. government reacted with utmost alarm to the disaster. On 6 October 1995, a day after the abduction of 2501, the CDC called it the greatest epidemiological disaster of the 20th century. After what we’ve seen here, I have to agree with them.
ZED disappeared from CIA and FBI tracking in 1999. The last reported incident involving Project Zed, or the ZED force itself, involved the apprehension of several ZED soldiers at Plano, Texas. Apparently they had been casing the Cheetos division of Frito-Lay for some months. These soldiers, identified only as BaseballHatter and CowboyHatter, are currently held in a secret, undisclosed location. They have not revealed anything except the identity of their leader, who they only refer to as the ‘Top H.’

It is quite possible, in fact almost certain, that this ‘Top H’ refers to our TopHatter. This link would finally reveal the extreme threat that TopHatter poses. There should be no doubt now that TopHatter plans to carry out the bizarre and profane goals of the ZED.

For six years, ZED laid silent. Officials in the U.S. government were worried about their lost Project, but there was little they could do to apprehend Project Zed. The CDC was pleased that the Intensivirus did not surface on the world market after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. It seems that ZED was not interested in the black market possibilities of the virus. Nonetheless, the intelligence agencies of America were aware that Project Zed was waiting in the wings.

IV - The Cheeto Plot and the Reemergence of Project Zed

In late 2005, ZED activity picked up again. Plano, Texas was again the focus of their activity. On December 2nd, 2005, eight ZED operatives under the leaders FedoraHatter and SombreroHatter, broke into the Frito-Lay Cheeto division. According to security camera records, the ZED spent several hours within the dormant facility, stealing records and equipment, including several Frito-Lay employee outfits.

Other ZED operatives, or signs of their tampering, were seen at Cheeto plants around the country. Convenience store reported strange activity late at night, and many employees saw shadowy figures

This was the sum of ZED activity until the most recent activity.

At 08:00 EST, January 18th, 2006, the plot was evident. In Titusville, NJ, a Cheetos truck overturned at the Route 29 intersection. Rescuers noticed that the driver had a sickly skin condition, and he was barely conscious. The local EMT brought the man to the local firehouse for immediate care.

Cheetos are the spread vector for the disease.

Within hours, the EMT staff and the entire firefighter squad was infected with the Intensivirus, now renamed the Cheetorae Intensivirus II.

By 15:00, almost the entire town of Titusville has been consumed in a virus-induced zombie wave.

[gunfire, shouts]

Whoa, WAB members, action is starting again. I have to cut my message short. I’ll give more info when I can…

[automatic fire, artillery rounds, mines exploding]

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 04:20
Bulgar,

Get a girlfriend.

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:25
Bulgar,

Get a girlfriend.
Girlfriend?! Girlfriend!?

Are you not paying attention?

I'm fighting for my ****ing life here!

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 04:27
Bulgar,

Get a girlfriend.
Take no notice of the above post. As I've already pointed out, fifth column activity points northward, and even if this were not so the agent Julie 'edit' means he's been compromised. Fine work, will send reinforcements soonist. Ends.
post Script: beware of fridges (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showpost.php?p=156498&postcount=17)

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 04:30
Guys,

Let's get real here. TH is too chickencrap to come up here. I've got a 4 year old temper tantrum able, willing, and waiting for him. I give him 5 hours before he screams back for sunny Florida.

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:34
Take no notice of the above post. As I've already pointed out, fifth column activity points northward, and even if this were not so the agent Julie 'edit' means he's been compromised. Fine work, will send reinforcements soonist. Ends.
Comrade in arms,

Sources tell me Officer of Engineers is severely compromised.

His ZED name is FezHatter...

I can't dispatch any agents against him. We'll have to go to silent running.

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 04:36
You Gentlemen do realize that I still have my Scotch stockpile?

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:36
post Script: beware of fridges (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showpost.php?p=156498&postcount=17)
Oh my God...

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:37
Parihaka,

'FezHatter' is trying to use 'Scotch' to weaken our will. Do not allow the enemy to break our spirit!

Urgent Postscript:

Dear God man! Look at FezHatter's title! TopHatter of Cheetos? This guy has been a ZED operative from the beginning. He must be TopHatter's second in command.

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 04:42
Parihaka,

'FezHatter' is trying to use 'Scotch' to weaken our will. Do not allow the enemy to break our spirit!
Hmmm, let's not be so hasty here, a quality Scotch stockpile is not to be sneezed at, and a 4 year old girl in full tanty is a weapon anyone in their right mind would respect. Perhaps Sir, we might come to an understanding. Double agent status is a time honoured tradition...... :) :redface:
(and I can think of a few uses for that fridge)

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 04:46
Hmmm, let's not be so hasty here, a quality Scotch stockpile is not to be sneezed at, and a 4 year old girl in full tanty is a weapon anyone in their right mind would respect. Perhaps Sir, we might come to an understanding. Double agent status is a time honoured tradition...... :) :redface:
(and I can think of a few uses for that fridge)
Parihaka,

I can't believe you! You have betrayed the resistance...

[explosions]

...our base here is being overrun. I can't hold out. The C-Virus will spread, and Project Zed will run wild.

We have to pull out. We're relocating operations to sector 6.

Parihaka - don't let the FezHatter trick you. Once you drink that scotch, you will never wake up. FezHatter is apparently a lieutenant of Project Zed, a dangerous man not to be bargained with.

Come to your senses!

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 04:52
Parihaka,

Come to your senses!
Sorry kid but take a look at my Avatar and location.
Mmmmm Scotch.....

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 04:54
Mmmmm Scotch.....
A true Cultural Attache can discuss the finer points of various single malts. I've just openned a brand new bottle of 20 year old Glenlivet. It's a lot smoother than I thought and strangely enough, no aftertaste but I still smell the aroma.

Bulgaroctonus
20 Jan 06,, 05:03
Mmmmm Scotch.....
Fine! I shall treat you as lost!

Meanwhile, the fight must go on.

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 05:05
A true Cultural Attache can discuss the finer points of various single malts. I've just openned a brand new bottle of 20 year old Glenlivet. It's a lot smoother than I thought and strangely enough, no aftertaste but I still smell the aroma.
Would you describe it as floral, fruity or nutty. And what oak did they use?
What cigar would you recommend? Did I mention I'm jealous? I didn't realise you could get 20 year old Glenlivet I thought they just ran to 15 :frown:

lemontree
20 Jan 06,, 05:08
Thank you. I was reading this a bit ago thinking to myself that I cannot possibly be the only one that has no freaking clue what the heck is going on in here or what they are talking about. I kept reading and thinking to myself that I have to remember to go to bed early because I must be VERY VERY tired.
Me too....WAB members really have a wild imagination, and its quite tickling. :biggrin:

lemontree
20 Jan 06,, 05:11
Mmmmm Scotch.....
Cheetos are trying to take over from butter cookies...and your are still at the bar :eek: ...

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 05:25
Cheetos are trying to take over from butter cookies...and your are still at the bar :eek: ...
So that "Cheers!...on the rocks!!" signature doesn't mean you are tempted by a good single malt? ;)

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 05:27
Would you describe it as floral, fruity or nutty. And what oak did they use?

Nutty. Not sure about the oak.

What cigar would you recommend?

Have not tried with a cigar yet. This is my 1st bottle.

Did I mention I'm jealous? I didn't realise you could get 20 year old Glenlivet I thought they just ran to 15 :frown:

Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch 20 Year - Old Malt Cask Bottling (http://www.internetwines.com/rws26332.html)

It was a special order and it was expensive - $200Cdn. Hey, wife got a new dress. I got my scotch.

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 05:28
....seem to have misplaced a copy of Plan Zed somewhere... :confused:

It was right over by that bowl of Puffed Cheetos and bottle of Glenlivet scotch.

I'll have to have Housekeeping look around for it. :frown:

Parihaka
20 Jan 06,, 05:31
Nutty. Not sure about the oak.

Have not tried with a cigar yet. This is my 1st bottle.

Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch 20 Year - Old Malt Cask Bottling (http://www.internetwines.com/rws26332.html)

It was a special order and it was expensive - $200Cdn. Hey, wife got a new dress. I got my scotch.
Niiiiiiice. And good trade.

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 05:42
Click on the link I gave parihaka, it comes with a nice basket of butter cookies.

Ray
20 Jan 06,, 06:02
The only whisky allowed to call itself "The Glenlivet" is historically the most famous Speyside malt. The appelation "The Glenlivet" is restricted even further in that it appears on only the "official" bottlings from the owning company of the distillery, Seagram. These are branded as The Glenlivet with the legend "Distilled by George & J.G. Smith" in small type at the bottom of the label, referring to the company set up by a father and son that originally founded the distillery.

The independant bottlers Gordon and MacPhail have made something of a speciality of older and vintage-dated examples, in a variety of alcoholic strengths, from the same distillery and these are identified as George & J.G. Smith's Glenlivet Whisky. This range changes according to availability.

The glen of the Livet is also the home of two other malt distilleries, the unconnected Tamnavulin and Braes of Glenlivet, which is owned by Seagram. In the adjoining Avon valley the Tomintoul distillery is also generally regarded as belonging ot the Livet district . It is, indeed in the parish of Glenlivet. All of these distilleries use the sub-title Glenlivet on their labels as an appellation of district. So, stretching a point do about a dozen from other parts of Speyside. This practice, now in decline dates from the glen's pioneering position in commercial whisky production. Merchants in the cities wanted whisky "from Glenlivet" because that was the first specific producing district that they knew by name.

The glen of the Livet has clean spring water that makes especially delicate whiskies. Among the distilling districts it is the one most deeply set into the mountains. Its water rises from granite and frequently flows underground for many miles. The mountain setting also provides for the weather that whisky-distillers like. When distilling is in progress the condensers work most effectively if they are cooled by very cold water, and in a climate to match.

There was much illicit production in the days when commercial distilling was banned and is a significant reason for the renown of the glen. There are said to have been a couple of hundred illicit stills in the wild, mountain country around the Livet in the late 1700s and early 1800s. The district was also a haven for whisky-smugglers on their way over the mountains to the bigger cities and ports, in the Midlands and south of Scotland.

At that time, partly because of grain shortages but also for reasons of political vindictiveness the Highlanders were permitted to distill only on a domestic scale. The modern distilling industry began after the Duke of Gordon proposed more accomodating legislation. One of his tenants Geoge Gow or Smith, already an established illegal distiller was the first to apply for a new licence in 1824. It has over the years been thought that the family had supported Bonnie Prince Charlie but recent research suggests that this was not the case. George Smith founded the distillery that became The Glenlivet. His son John Gordon Smith assisted and succeeded him.

After distilling on two other sites nearby, the Smiths moved in 1858 to the present location. In 1880 the exclusive designation "The Glenlivet" was granted in a test case to distinguish it from the 18 or so other distilleries which at one time or another appended the name to their own. The company remained independant until 1935, merged with Glen Grant in 1952 and was acquired by Seagram in 1977.

Not far from the hamlet of Glenlivet, the distillery stands at a point where the grassy valley is already beginning to steepen toward the mountains. Some original buildings remain and the offices occupy a handsome 1920s house

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 06:04
So they were running moonshine! The Original Dukes of Hazzard!

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 06:08
So they were running moonshine! The Original Dukes of Hazzard!
Not to divert the current conversation from my meglomaniacal plans....but on my way to work yesterday, I saw a mint-condition "General Lee" car parked at a car audio shop.
Complete with all markings, it looked like someone stole it right off the Dukes of Hazzard set. :)

Shek
20 Jan 06,, 06:15
Not to divert the current conversation from my meglomaniacal plans....but on my way to work yesterday, I saw a mint-condition "General Lee" car parked at a car audio shop.
Complete with all markings, it looked like someone stole it right off the Dukes of Hazzard set. :)

Did it come with Daisy? :tongue:

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 06:19
I'm hoping the brunette and not the blonde.

lemontree
20 Jan 06,, 08:45
So that "Cheers!...on the rocks!!" signature doesn't mean you are tempted by a good single malt? ;)
There is always time for good scotch...but after the enemy has crashed n burned. :)

Monk
20 Jan 06,, 14:30
Hi folks. Room for any more cultural attaches? I have currently infitrated the russian embassy in Kensington, london. ;)

Julie
20 Jan 06,, 14:48
Hi folks. Room for any more cultural attaches? I have currently infitrated the russian embassy in Kensington, london. ;)The more the merrier. :)

Julie
20 Jan 06,, 16:12
We have one right here in the town I live....however a guy owns and drives it, and I've never seen "Daisy" with him. :tongue:

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 17:21
Hi folks. Room for any more cultural attaches? I have currently infitrated the russian embassy in Kensington, london. ;)
Ahhh...I see my latest batch of cloned Cultural Attaches has arrived....good....good :cool:

*stroking the de rigeur goatee thoughtfully*

sparten
20 Jan 06,, 17:35
I propose a motion to create a title of Lord High Top Hatter of Cheeto Land! :biggrin:

Family motto, Culturally Attached.

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 17:38
*** munching on butter cookies and sipping a coffee ***

What?

Dreadnought
20 Jan 06,, 18:26
Ahhh...I see my latest batch of cloned Cultural Attaches has arrived....good....good :cool:

*stroking the de rigeur goatee thoughtfully*

A skull above all others? ;)

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 18:58
*** munching on butter cookies and sipping a coffee ***

What?
I see there are a few hold-outs. Well, no matter. One of my more fiendish creations has already managed to infiltrate this bastion of butter cookies....the single most diabolical and cruel instrument of warfare known to man....a 4 year old little girl. :cool:

She goes by the nom de guerre "Number One Daughter"

A skull above all others? ;)
Oh I suppose so :redface:

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 19:21
She goes by the nom de guerre "Number One Daughter"

HONEY! I'VE FOUND A BABY SITTER! Damned cheap too. Just a few bags of cheetos.

TH, I DO NOT WANT to see one spec of chocolate milk on the walls when we get back.

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 20:02

TH, I DO NOT WANT to see one spec of chocolate milk on the walls when we get back.

I've said this before, I think I'd made a great baby-sitter for your adorable little terrorist. :)

Or wouldnt that be "Demolition Expert-in-training"?

Officer of Engineers
20 Jan 06,, 20:09
You survive one night with my #1 Daughter and I will convert to cheetos.

*** placing orders for more butter cookies online ***

THL
20 Jan 06,, 20:22
You survive one night with my #1 Daughter and I will convert to cheetos.
THL ROFL

No need to concern yourself with your fingertips turning orange anytime soon, Sir. :)

THL
20 Jan 06,, 20:25
#1 Daughter

Slightly off topic and if you don't mind my asking, I have always wondered why you refer to her as "#1 Daughter", Sir.

Is it because she is the #1 and there would be a #2 to follow? Or because she is the # (and only) 1? :)

Dreadnought
20 Jan 06,, 20:48

Or Kool Aid mustaches :biggrin:

THL
20 Jan 06,, 21:19
Or Kool Aid mustaches :biggrin:
I envision TH sitting in one corner of the room (which would long since have been darkened to make it more difficult for the child to find him) with his back to the wall, his hands over his ears, wearing some sort of princess attire (most likely a crown with feathers and jewels) and holding a pink plastic tea cup rocking back and forth slightly while whispering "No...Mmmmoooorrre...Hung-ger-eee...Hung-ger-eee...Hip-pos"

:rolleyes:

Dreadnought
20 Jan 06,, 21:32
I envision TH sitting in one corner of the room (which would long since have been darkened to make it more difficult for the child to find him) with his back to the wall, his hands over his ears, wearing some sort of princess attire (most likely a crown with feathers and jewels) and holding a pink plastic tea cup rocking back and forth slightly while whispering "No...Mmmmoooorrre...Hung-ger-eee...Hung-ger-eee...Hip-pos"

:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO :biggrin:

TopHatter
20 Jan 06,, 21:41
I envision TH sitting in one corner of the room (which would long since have been darkened to make it more difficult for the child to find him) with his back to the wall, his hands over his ears, wearing some sort of princess attire (most likely a crown with feathers and jewels) and holding a pink plastic tea cup rocking back and forth slightly while whispering "No...Mmmmoooorrre...Hung-ger-eee...Hung-ger-eee...Hip-pos":rolleyes:
*sigh* You all either forget (THL) or just don't know, that I have an adorable niece that thinks the world of me, mainly because I'm so good with her.

The Colonel's little two-legged wrecking crew might present a challenge but I think I could survive one night as warden. :rolleyes:

THL
20 Jan 06,, 21:43
*sigh* You all either forget (THL) or just don't know, that I have an adorable niece that thinks the world of me, mainly because I'm so good with her.

The Colonel's little two-legged wrecking crew might present a challenge but I think I could survive one night as warden. :rolleyes:
I remember perfectly well that your adorable (she is adorable :) ) niece loves you and that you share her sentiment...FROM 1300 MILES AWAY!! Makes a big difference when they can reach out and actually touch you. :tongue:

TopHatter
21 Jan 06,, 03:11
I remember perfectly well that your adorable (she is adorable :) ) niece loves you and that you share her sentiment...FROM 1300 MILES AWAY!! Makes a big difference when they can reach out and actually touch you. :tongue:
Ah yes, but you forget that when she was much younger, I was never further than a short toddling trip down the hallway ;)

Officer of Engineers
21 Jan 06,, 03:24
Slightly off topic and if you don't mind my asking, I have always wondered why you refer to her as "#1 Daughter", Sir.

Never thought about it. That's just the way we refer to our 1st borns around 1 Brigade.

Officer of Engineers
21 Jan 06,, 04:58
"No...Mmmmoooorrre...Hung-ger-eee...Hung-ger-eee...Hip-pos"

Actually, I'm seeing him trying to avoid my #1 Daughter from throwing up on him by drinking too much chocolate milk.

I've got to tell you guys this. She made this Combat Engineer proud, annoyed but proud. She knows she's not allowed anymore chocolate milk (has not put two and two together - she drinks too much chocolate milk, she gets tummy aches and it comes out of her nose). She'll take the time out but she will do the crime. So, Daddy has been wrestling the chocolate milk away from her (and followed by the inevitable temper tantrum). Even the cat runs away.

She tried grabbing the milk and running to her room but not fast enough. One time, I tripped over one of her toys and that gave her an idea.

She placed all sorts of obstacles including on the stairs. She knew where she put things. And she grabbed her chocolate milk before my eyes and made a dash for her room.

I tripped, stumbled, hit my foot, and since I was only wearing socks, stabbed myself quite a few times. By the time I reached her room, she already down half a cartoon and I grabbed the rest away from her.

Temper tantrum.

And then to make matter worst, Daddy broke a few of her toys. More temper tantrums.

My wife tried to soothe her but she felt her burp coming and gave her to me ... and yep, she threw up on Daddy.

lemontree
21 Jan 06,, 06:19
My house was invaded by Cheetos some time back, because of the "Bayblades" contained in the packets. My 5 yr old daughter is the culprit. But I faught back and bought her some better "Bayblades" to lay off the Cheetos - it worked. ;)

TopHatter
21 Jan 06,, 09:04
She tried grabbing the milk and running to her room but not fast enough. One time, I tripped over one of her toys and that gave her an idea.

She placed all sorts of obstacles including on the stairs. She knew where she put things. And she grabbed her chocolate milk before my eyes and made a dash for her room.

I tripped, stumbled, hit my foot, and since I was only wearing socks, stabbed myself quite a few times. By the time I reached her room, she already down half a cartoon and I grabbed the rest away from her.

I see your budding combat engineer has learned the value of anti-Daddy obstacles like deliberate minefields. :cool:
Next come the Dragon's Teeth, Rommel's Asparagus and hedgehogs! (I'll help her out with that last item, I've already got a very nice picture of the final product :) .)

Ray
21 Jan 06,, 14:15
Colonel,

You daughter seems to be reading your training manuals.

Let her not get her hands on the NBC Warfare ones; or else you will reach for the skies! ;) :tongue:

Officer of Engineers
21 Jan 06,, 16:11
Colonel,

You daughter seems to be reading your training manuals.

Let her not get her hands on the NBC Warfare ones; or else you will reach for the skies! ;) :tongue:

Sir,

No, Sir, not the sky. The mop and bucket. She already got that book. The chocolate milk and the inevitable vomit, sometimes on daddy.

Officer of Engineers
21 Jan 06,, 18:40
I see your budding combat engineer has learned the value of anti-Daddy obstacles like deliberate minefields. :cool:I don't think she clued in that she was at fault at loosing some of her toys. Somehow, they were to stop me without me breaking them as I step over them. You know you have to get mad to make a point but can't help but smile at her ingenuity.
Next come the Dragon's Teeth, Rommel's Asparagus and hedgehogs! (I'll help her out with that last item, I've already got a very nice picture of the final product :) .)Sure, go ahead but remember, wife and I won't be around. You will have to breach those obstacles and decontaminate the area yourself. *** evil chuckle ***

TopHatter
21 Jan 06,, 20:24
I don't think she clued in that she was at fault at loosing some of her toys. Somehow, they were to stop me without me breaking them as I step over them. You know you have to get mad to make a point but can't help but smile at her ingenuity.Sure, go ahead but remember, wife and I won't be around. You will have to breach those obstacles and decontaminate the area yourself. *** evil chuckle ***
When I was in high school, I supplemented my meager grocery store wages by babysitting. Half the fun was sitting around with my charge(s) dreaming up ways of annoying their parents. :biggrin:

Question: If chocolate milk prompts immediate hurricane vomiting, why not just advise the quartermaster to delete that particular item from your TO&E? :confused:

Officer of Engineers
22 Jan 06,, 03:22
Question: If chocolate milk prompts immediate hurricane vomiting, why not just advise the quartermaster to delete that particular item from your TO&E? :confused:

She won't drink white milk and we want her to have some milk. She's okay provided that she had something to eat and the chocolate milk is the reward for finishing her meal.

THL
22 Jan 06,, 17:34
She won't drink white milk and we want her to have some milk. She's okay provided that she had something to eat and the chocolate milk is the reward for finishing her meal.
Is it the chocolate? An allergy maybe? Or just that she likes it so much that she drinks too much too fast?

Have you tried strawberry milk? I loved that stuff when I was little and still love it to this day. In fact now that I am thinking about it and today is shopping day, I may have to induldge.

Officer of Engineers
22 Jan 06,, 18:00
Is it the chocolate? An allergy maybe? Or just that she likes it so much that she drinks too much too fast?

She downed half a carton within the span of 30-45 second (me trying to breach her obstacles).

THL
22 Jan 06,, 20:25
She downed half a carton within the span of 30-45 second (me trying to breach her obstacles).
That's some kind of determination she has got.

Officer of Engineers
23 Jan 06,, 01:44
Come to think of it, I don't know how much got in her and how much got onto the floor.

THL
23 Jan 06,, 03:44
Come to think of it, I don't know how much got in her and how much got onto the floor.
So just leave a dampened mop for Tophat - He'll figure the rest out.

Dreadnought
23 Jan 06,, 16:13
I see your budding combat engineer has learned the value of anti-Daddy obstacles like deliberate minefields. :cool:
Next come the Dragon's Teeth, Rommel's Asparagus and hedgehogs! (I'll help her out with that last item, I've already got a very nice picture of the final product :) .)

Dam those porcupines and Natzi gardens I just want that dam couch head..um er i mean beachead. :biggrin:

Julie
23 Jan 06,, 16:34
Sir,

No, Sir, not the sky. The mop and bucket. She already got that book. The chocolate milk and the inevitable vomit, sometimes on daddy.OoE: Using chocolate as a reward to your daughter makes her love it twice as much. :tongue:

My mother used to make this killer fudge that I ate so much of one time it make me very sick to my stomach. Needless to say I never touched the stuff again. :redface:

This doesn't seem to be the case with your #1 daughter. If omitting chocolate milk from your grocery list is not an option, you're going to have to get down and dirty in the parenthood manual with the chocolate milk issue.

My advice is to tell her what she is going to look like if she keeps guzzling the chocolate milk, then show her a picture of a 300 lb. woman. :biggrin:

That should do the trick, and if it doesn't....you have a for sure little terrorist on your hands. :redface:

THL
23 Jan 06,, 17:20
If omitting chocolate milk from your grocery list is not an option
You could always buy it in those little cartons instead of a larger milk jug. That way she at least has to come up for air while opening another carton. The have these little child lock things that I have threatened to put on the refrigerator many times. Then I figured that in a week she'd have figured out how to unlock it and I would still have locked myself out of the fridge.

Last week she was getting in trouble and to avoid sitting in time out she used the "I have to go potty" excuse. So as I was waiting for her to get done so she could sit in time out, she locked herself in the bathroom and I could not get in. This made me pretty mad at the time so there was no way she was going to willingly open that door for me then. Talking to my ex I told him I was going to buy a handle without a lock to prevent this again, he suggested I turn the handle around so the lock is on the outside (I did this with her bed room door handle to keep her from locking me out of her bedroom while she took out every toy she owns). I had this vision of her locking myself and guests in the bathroom (I have been locked in her room once already, I don't go in alone anymore when she is home and mad @ me).

Kids are rotten evil little barbaric creatures. The thing is that when I was little, I was the good kid - the one everyone wished they had. I was quiet, could play alone for hours, did not talk back or get in trouble, did not talk to strangers and would absolutely not let go of my moms hand when we were in a store...then I went to Kindergarten and that all changed.

TopHatter
24 Jan 06,, 01:21
Kids are rotten evil little barbaric creatures. .
This is doubly true if you are speaking of a wily cunning little female :biggrin:

THL
24 Jan 06,, 01:46
This is doubly true if you are speaking of a wily cunning little female :biggrin:
i KNOW you are not referring to the small angel of a room mate of mine

Gun Grape
24 Jan 06,, 01:57
This is doubly true if you are speaking of a wily cunning little female

TH, you got sucked into that one. Will you ever learn? :frown:

Some things shouldn't be expressed with either your "Outside" voice, or the keyboard.

TopHatter
24 Jan 06,, 02:59

TH, you got sucked into that one. Will you ever learn? :frown:
Actually, I was hoping - and knew - she'd pick up on that one....and she knew it too :biggrin:

THL
24 Jan 06,, 04:46
Actually, I was hoping - and knew - she'd pick up on that one....and she knew it too :biggrin:
You know, she does not have to spend next weekend with grandma and grandpa - she can stay right here with us...what the hell, maybe I'll even load her up on chocolate milk. ;)

Officer of Engineers
24 Jan 06,, 04:48
I'll give you 20 bucks to leave the angel alone with him for 6 hours.

THL
24 Jan 06,, 04:52
I'll give you 20 bucks to leave the angel alone with him for 6 hours.
If I could find a way to stream it I'd even set up a camera so all the WAB could sit around and watch in real time. Between Kenzie and the kitten, TH would be toast.

He'd have the entire bottle of Captain Morgan gone in half an hour.

lemontree
24 Jan 06,, 05:00
Colonel sir,
Your problem is trying to stop your little one drink too much of milk,...while my problem trying to get my 5 yr old to drink some milk at least. My wife goes crazy making her finish her milk..so we play the "good cop - bad cop" sort of thing - and I play the "good cop" :)

Gun Grape
24 Jan 06,, 05:46
Oooooh thats sweet.
Will yall be holding hands at lunch:)

THL
24 Jan 06,, 14:48
Colonel sir,
Your problem is trying to stop your little one drink too much of milk,...while my problem trying to get my 5 yr old to drink some milk at least. My wife goes crazy making her finish her milk..so we play the "good cop - bad cop" sort of thing - and I play the "good cop" :)
I am telling you - Strawberry Nestle Qwik.... :tongue:

Julie
24 Jan 06,, 15:29
Colonel sir,
Your problem is trying to stop your little one drink too much of milk,...while my problem trying to get my 5 yr old to drink some milk at least. My wife goes crazy making her finish her milk..so we play the "good cop - bad cop" sort of thing - and I play the "good cop" :)Why do children have to drink milk? Personal I hate milk...it doesn't sit well in my stomach.

Milk is a good source of calcium, and if a child doesn't like milk (or anything for that matter), I wouldn't make them drink or eat it. There are substitutes they can have to get the same amount of vitamin you are seeking.

Most juices now are full of calcium -- and there are chewable calcium tablets children can take that taste good.

Dreadnought
24 Jan 06,, 17:33
Milk? Gotta have it every day :biggrin: cant deal without it. :redface:

Officer of Engineers
24 Jan 06,, 17:34
It gotten me this long just to find out she can drink chocolate milk. I am not about to go through another 8 months of experimenting to find out what are the substitutes.

Julie
24 Jan 06,, 18:14
It gotten me this long just to find out she can drink chocolate milk. I am not about to go through another 8 months of experimenting to find out what are the substitutes. :eek: I'm shocked at that response Ooe.

I thought you knew by now that raising a child consists of 18 years of experimentation???

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
24 Jan 06,, 21:08
:eek: I'm shocked at that response Ooe.

I thought you knew by now that raising a child consists of 18 years of experimentation???

:biggrin: :biggrin:
I did not want to hear that. 18 years? I'm just looking to get through the next 18 hours.

THL
24 Jan 06,, 21:18
I did not want to hear that. 18 years? I'm just looking to get through the next 18 hours.
Your daughter is 4, no? So you really only have 14 years if you play your cards right.

Parihaka
24 Jan 06,, 21:37
:eek: There's a time limit? I thought it was for life :cool:

THL
24 Jan 06,, 21:49
:eek: There's a time limit? I thought it was for life :cool:
In that case my mom has some car payments to make.

TopHatter
25 Jan 06,, 00:53
:eek: There's a time limit? I thought it was for life :cool: It is for life, I'm 30 and I still ask my dad for life advice on an irregular basis. :redface:
The way I figure it, your parents are like minesweepers. Don't necessarily follow them slavishly, just keep your eyes and ears open and take note of where the explosions happen.
Older siblings are the same way :biggrin:

In that case my mom has some car payments to make. Yeeeeaaaah...let me know how that works out for you. ;)

THL
25 Jan 06,, 02:14
Yeeeeaaaah...let me know how that works out for you. ;)
MY LINE!! RIGHT THERE!! HE STOLE MY LINE. I SAY THAT!! THAT'S MY MATERIAL.

Jeesh.

Julie
25 Jan 06,, 02:23
:eek: There's a time limit? I thought it was for life :cool:sssssshhhhh....let's don't give OoE a heart attack. :redface:

lemontree
25 Jan 06,, 05:04
Why do children have to drink milk? Personal I hate milk...it doesn't sit well in my stomach.

Milk is a good source of calcium, and if a child doesn't like milk (or anything for that matter), I wouldn't make them drink or eat it. There are substitutes they can have to get the same amount of vitamin you are seeking.

Most juices now are full of calcium -- and there are chewable calcium tablets children can take that taste good.
My child is a fussy eater. Making her eat her meals is a 1 hr exercise.

THL
25 Jan 06,, 16:11
My child is a fussy eater. Making her eat her meals is a 1 hr exercise.
Mackenzie has a whole list of things she won't eat:

Anything green (even green apples, unless I can cut the skin off before she sees it). She even questions mint choc chip ice cream.
Including anything that little pieces of green it in like some noodles have parsley pieces cut up in it - she will pull out all the little green pieces.
Most vegetables (sometimes she will eat corn...sometimes).
Anything that looks as though it might resemble a bean - even bean shaped candy.
Anything that has been cooked over fire and has a little bit of "black" on it (tortillas she loves as long as there are no black marks).
Solid red food (tomatoes, peppers, etc.).
Spaghetti O's without meatballs.
Pork roast unless I can get it cut up quick enough and convince her it is chicken. She is starting to catch on to this, though.
Meat loaf unless I put it on bread and call it a hamburger.

There is more, but I would be here all day. :rolleyes:

Julie
25 Jan 06,, 16:15
My children will eat anything that doesn't eat them first.....unless of course, it "looks gross," like refried beans that they say looks like dog throw-up. :biggrin:

THL
25 Jan 06,, 16:18
My children will eat anything that doesn't eat them first.....unless of course, it "looks gross," like refried beans that they say looks like dog throw-up. :biggrin:
I never thought of it that way before...but now that you mention it..........

Julie
25 Jan 06,, 16:36
I never thought of it that way before...but now that you mention it..........Yep, they kinda done it for me with that as to Mexican food as well. I can't remember the last time I've been to a Mexican restaurant. :biggrin:

Lunatock
26 Jan 06,, 19:04
This thread seems as good as any to post this pic.

http://www.teen-terminal.com/forums/gallery/albums/userpics/11001/moms%7E0.jpg

Dreadnought
26 Jan 06,, 21:14
MY LINE!! RIGHT THERE!! HE STOLE MY LINE. I SAY THAT!! THAT'S MY MATERIAL.

Jeesh.

Do I hear copyright infringement?...lol :eek:

TopHatter
27 Jan 06,, 00:57
This thread seems as good as any to post this pic.

http://www.teen-terminal.com/forums/gallery/albums/userpics/11001/moms%7E0.jpg
Friggin awesome 'tock :biggrin:

Do I hear copyright infringement?...lol :eek:
Yes, that is definitely the resounding clang of intentional copyright infringement :biggrin:

lemontree
27 Jan 06,, 05:02
Mackenzie has a whole list of things she won't eat:

Anything green (even green apples, unless I can cut the skin off before she sees it). She even questions mint choc chip ice cream.
Including anything that little pieces of green it in like some noodles have parsley pieces cut up in it - she will pull out all the little green pieces.
Most vegetables (sometimes she will eat corn...sometimes).
Anything that looks as though it might resemble a bean - even bean shaped candy.
Anything that has been cooked over fire and has a little bit of "black" on it (tortillas she loves as long as there are no black marks).
Solid red food (tomatoes, peppers, etc.).
Spaghetti O's without meatballs.
Pork roast unless I can get it cut up quick enough and convince her it is chicken. She is starting to catch on to this, though.
Meat loaf unless I put it on bread and call it a hamburger.

There is more, but I would be here all day. :rolleyes:

The only thing by daughter likes is fish, chicken and mutton (we don't cook pork or beef for health reasons).

THL
27 Jan 06,, 06:13
The only thing by daughter likes is fish, chicken and mutton (we don't cook pork or beef for health reasons).
Mutton? Is that lamb? That is an exotic meat to me and I don't do exotic meat. Lamb, venison - cannot eat it. There is some goofy overpriced restaurant over here that serves all sorts of weird things - buffalo burgers, ostrich meat...no thank you. I will take a nice medium rare cow steak with some A1 anyday over anything found roaming the great white plains. :)

Officer of Engineers
27 Jan 06,, 06:42
That is an exotic meat to me and I don't do exotic meat. Lamb, venison - cannot eat it.

Guess my wife won't be inviting you over to dinner anytime soon.

lemontree
27 Jan 06,, 13:54
Mutton? Is that lamb? That is an exotic meat to me and I don't do exotic meat. Lamb, venison - cannot eat it.
Mutton for us is goat meat. The beef available is buffalo meat, we do not cow meat as the animal is sacred for the Hindus and it not (legally) killed. I eat steak once in while.

Dreadnought
27 Jan 06,, 15:01
Definately a meat eater, Steak,Fish,Chicken,Pork, Deer, Lamb etc. all vegetables and ofcoarse rice. :biggrin:
Only thing I dont touch is Liver (blah makes me gag) :tongue:

Blademaster
27 Jan 06,, 15:27
uh, lemontree. Buffalo is a cow. It is a type of cow. Not all cows are buffaloes. But all buffaloes are cows.

THL
27 Jan 06,, 17:59
uh, lemontree. Buffalo is a cow. It is a type of cow. Not all cows are buffaloes. But all buffaloes are cows.
Well I do not know anything about that, all I know is:

Dreadnought
27 Jan 06,, 18:27
Dread eats both :biggrin:

I think that if any one of us were starved we would eat the things we say "never" too. :redface:

Officer of Engineers
27 Jan 06,, 18:49
The Captain meant Water Buffalo.

THL
27 Jan 06,, 18:56
Mutton for us is goat meat.
Goat might be mutton for us, too. That sounds familiar. I still cannot bring myself to eat this cute little furry floppy eared goat. Look at his sad little eyes. I think he may even be SMILING:

Julie
27 Jan 06,, 19:50
Forgive me, but aren't yall getting just a weeeee bit off topic? :biggrin:

No offense, but TH seems to have been forgotten. :tongue:

THL
27 Jan 06,, 19:54
Forgive me, but aren't yall getting just a weeeee bit off topic? :biggrin:

No offense, but TH seems to have been forgotten. :tongue:
TH who?

Lunatock
27 Jan 06,, 20:20
Friggin awesome 'tock :biggrin:

Through a twist of fate I saw, then lost before I could save an online pic of who is supposedly a future step daughter. Could of added the caption "adorable..and more bad-ass than you" -And will if I find the pic again. :biggrin:

Dreadnought
27 Jan 06,, 20:26
Tock I have to admit......IM IN LOVE WITH YOUR AVITAR!...LMAO :biggrin:

Julie
27 Jan 06,, 21:21
TH who?LOL! Well, there's only one thing left for me to do then....I'm off to the grocery store to buy some kleenex ! :redface: Cause he's really going to be upset when he finds out cows and buffalo have taken his glory. :biggrin:

Dreadnought
27 Jan 06,, 21:29
Goat might be mutton for us, too. That sounds familiar. I still cannot bring myself to eat this cute little furry floppy eared goat. Look at his sad little eyes. I think he may even be SMILING:

Im sure you could if you were starving for a about 15 days. He would look like a six course dinner to you then. ;)

THL
27 Jan 06,, 21:53
LOL! Well, there's only one thing left for me to do then....I'm off to the grocery store to buy some kleenex ! :redface: Cause he's really going to be upset when he finds out cows and buffalo have taken his glory. :biggrin:
Who is going to be upset?

Who is she talking about? Back to the cows and buffalo.....

Parihaka
27 Jan 06,, 22:53
Being in what was a predominantly anglo-saxon country mutton to you (THL) is probably mature sheep, as opposed to lamb or kid or goat. Anyway, they're all YUMMY, and go especially well with Worcestershire sauce. Never have tried buffalo but I'm keen. Did I mention rare? so the blood is still dripping out? MMMmmmmmmmmm.......

THL
28 Jan 06,, 02:55
Did I mention rare? so the blood is still dripping out? MMMmmmmmmmmm.......
Just how I like my strip of cow.... :)

lemontree
30 Jan 06,, 04:54
uh, lemontree. Buffalo is a cow. It is a type of cow. Not all cows are buffalos. But all buffaloes are cows.

The Captain meant Water Buffalo.
Colonel sir, is right. BM have you forgotten what is a buffalo for India? ;) Besides cows and buffalos belong to the family of ungulates (those that have hoves). Just like a cat is not a tiger but a tiger belongs to the cat family. Similarly cows and buffalos of (different types) belong are milch animals, but are quite different from each other.

Jay
30 Jan 06,, 23:47
Being in what was a predominantly anglo-saxon country mutton to you (THL) is probably mature sheep, as opposed to lamb or kid or goat.

ermm?? Matured lamb is not mutton, atleast in India. The pic THL posted is goat and normally goat meat is mutton, which is served through out India.

Goat leg soup and blood curry is my fave.

Parihaka
31 Jan 06,, 00:10
ermm?? Matured lamb is not mutton, atleast in India. The pic THL posted is goat and normally goat meat is mutton, which is served through out India.

Goat leg soup and blood curry is my fave.
here and in England mutton is a sheep
Cambridge dictionaries

mutton
noun [U]
the meat from an adult sheep eaten as food
hence that lovely old expression we have about old people dressing young,
"mutton dressed as lamb"
:biggrin: ;)

Dreadnought
31 Jan 06,, 15:20
Just how I like my strip of cow.... :)

Psst dont forget the A1 :biggrin:

Ray
31 Jan 06,, 15:46
Mutton for us is goat meat. The beef available is buffalo meat, we do not cow meat as the animal is sacred for the Hindus and it not (legally) killed. I eat steak once in while.

In Bengal and Kerela, one is allowed to slaughter cows. It was so even before the Communist govts came to power in these states.

However, Indian beef is not worth eating since these are cattle put to pasture and not reared for its meat as is done in other countries.

Beef or buffalo is eaten by not only the Moslems of India, but also by the some of the subcastes amongst the Scheduled Castes.

With exposure to western nations and cultures many Indians of all religious hues are also eating beef or what is passed as beef. Beef is the cheapest meat product in India.

Buffalo in India is water buffalo and not a bison.

These taboos are on the wane and none really cares as to what one is eating!

lemontree
01 Feb 06,, 04:51
Brig Ray sir,
Welcome back. I did'nt see you for some time. What happened?...a holiday I presume kept you away from us.

Ray
01 Feb 06,, 10:54
Lemontree,

Thanks for your enquiry which is rather kind of you.

Not to worry, I am still breathing and alive :)

I wish it were that I could be on a holiday.

My computer totally packed up and so I had to buy everything except the cabinet and the hard disks.

I am still to organise the computer and the software, but first I have to get a glitch rectified for which an expert is supposed to come any minute now.