X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date w/ A Snake

Man Aims for New Snake-Kissing Record

Thursday, January 12, 2006

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — A kiss is just a kiss, but it may prove to be the kiss of death for a Malaysian snake charmer who will attempt to set a new world record by planting 50 smooches on a venomous snake in 10 minutes.

Shahimi Abdul Hamid, 33, will perform the dangerous feat on March 11 in a bid to break the current record held by an American man who kissed a poisonous snake 30 times in an unspecified time, the national news agency Bernama said Thursday.

Shahimi has urged Malaysians to support him in his endeavor, saying he "wants to prove that Asians can also be champions in taming poisonous snakes."

He could not be reached for comments.

Bernama said Shahimi displayed his prowess at a news conference late Wednesday by kissing a three-meter long King Cobra 21 times. His bid in March will be filmed by U.S. television show Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Bernama said.
    Date with a Snake
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Adds a new dimension to the old saying...Kiss of Death!
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

adds new meaning the the saying "kiss my Asp" ;)
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Austin Stevens, (NO not Steve Irwin) kissed a King Cobra ONCE.

50+ times sounds ridiculous. Have fun trying to die.

Comment

Aren't most snakes belonging to snake charmers defanged?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            Aren't most snakes belonging to snake charmers defanged?
            You are right sir, most of the snake charmers in India (at least) defang their cobras. Hence, they are at the receiving end of the animal rights groups who get them arrested and release the snakes in the wild.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I didn't quite kiss a snake, but I ate one.

It is a part of our Commando course training where we have to catch, deskin, cook and eat a snake as a part of "Living off the Land".

We have to also cook chicken with the minimum items for cooking. You catch the chicken by the neck between two fingers, give it a jerk skywards, the head severes.

Then the chicken is defeathered and the non edible parts are removed witht he help of the commando knife.

The chicken is the "marinaded" in salt and spice and then given a covering with any leaf, preferably a plantain leaf being large.

This is then caked in mud and put into a hole that has been prepared which has wood or charcoal and which covers the mud caked plaintain leaf wrapped chicken and slowly baked.

A yummy chicken results!

THL,

If Chan can cook, so can you! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                THL,

If Chan can cook, so can you! ;)
                I tried my hand at the whole baking thing again. I was able to successfully bake chocolate chip cookies last week - AND they were edible!! (Yea Me!!) Granted the three year old wonder in the house helped, so that may have been a contributing factor.
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

There is nothing that can stop a determined woman.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Well done THL.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Good luck to that guy. If he gets bitten by a King Cobra he's in deep ****.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

The mere thaught of snakes gives me nightmares for days ........

Comment

Ray sahab,

In your chicken recipe, don't you have to drain out all the blood before you marinate it?

Comment

Anoop,

Actually I don't remember.

All I know it was tasty. In fact, I do it quite regularly in my own garden these days and those who have eaten it, thought I had brought it from some gourmet restaurant!

In case, you are not a vegetarian, try it.

You need not kill the chicken the way we did, but you can use a chicken from the market.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            There is nothing that can stop a determined woman.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Well done THL.
                            Why Ray you have instilled all sorts of determination in me. My smaller room mate and I made cupcakes last night...and again they are edible!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

THL,
                              It looks like you made the little girl do all the work ..she looks like an angle.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X