Women warned for kissing at the cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women warned for kissing at the cricket

Same-sex kissing appears to have been added to the growing list of things banned at the cricket.

Two women in the crowd who locked lips at a one-day international in New Zealand on the weekend were surprised to receive a visit from a security guard warning them not to do it again.

The women's smooch while dancing to music between overs at the New Zealand-Sri Lanka match in Napier on Sunday had been flashed on the ground's big-screen monitor amid much cheering.

One of the kissers, Richelle Fitzgibbon, said it had been her first time at a live cricket match and she having "a bit of fun" when the pash happened.

"The security guy came up and said that we were distracting the crowd and we would get kicked out if we did it again," Fitzgibbon, 29, told the Hawkes Bay Today newspaper.

"I thought if it was a guy and a girl kissing, would they have done that?" the mother-of-three said.

"I doubt it would have distracted the players."

Her kissing partner, Kelly Holdway, 20, was also taken aback by the warning.

"When I sat down the security guy came over and said 'that'll be enough of that'," Holdway told the paper.

"My boyfriend was quite shocked. He couldn't believe it. It just got a bit overboard. It was all in fun."

Redback Security spokesman Andy Gollings said the women's amorous behaviour had "upset two of my more sensitive staff".

He admitted no one had complained about the pair.

Local cricket official Blair Furlong said he laughed when he saw the two women kissing on the big screen and described the security guard as "overzealous".

New Zealand cricket authorities last month introduced strict crowd security measures including switching to light beer and a ban on drink containers after missiles were thrown at Australian players.
    They've already banned the time honoured traditions of streaking, throwing things at Australians, getting drunk and now sheilas kissing I mean honestly, what's the point of going to the cricket
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Originally posted by Parihaka
    They've already banned the time honoured traditions of streaking, throwing things at Australians, getting drunk and now sheilas kissing I mean honestly, what's the point of going to the cricket
    Could you aim for Ricky Pontings nether regions next time Parihaka?
    When the English came here in December, at the last ODI whenever a fielder would come to the boundry, we would all yell in unison, "Gernade". Damn near gave Collingwood a heart attack.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

That security guard didn't like two women kissing?

Gay bird..........

Comment

Two women kissing was too distractiong? Must have been an exciting match.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
          That security guard didn't like two women kissing?

Gay bird..........

Or maybe, giving him the Benefit of the doubt, there wasn't enough hair tossing, caressing or they could have been ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
            they could have been ugly.
            Yeah, I mean it WAS a cricket game.

Comment

Ah well, the British would have said, "That's not cricket!"

And Shakespeare (who was actually an Indian from Kerala (migrated to England as a labour)) named Shiek Pyare would have said, "Much Ado about Nothing!"

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
              X